Technology · Member since 2026 · 8 posts · 0 votes
Hi everyone, I’m Mark. I recently started GroundVerity, a property-intelligence project focused on organizing and reconciling public-record data for real estate investors.
I’m currently working with Johnston County, NC data, including tax status, ownership, valuation, zoning, parcel information, and transfer history.
I joined BiggerPockets mainly to learn from investors who are actively looking for deals and understand what information is actually useful in practice.
Looking forward to learning from the community and connecting with people who invest in North Carolina and the Triangle area.
Accountant · Seattle, WA · Member since 2025 · 361 posts · 135 votes
1w
Welcome, @Mark Andales . GroundVerity sounds like a useful project, especially because investors often lose time piecing together inconsistent information from multiple public sources.
The biggest value may be less about presenting more data and more about making it trustworthy, current, and easy to act on. Clear ownership history, delinquent taxes, zoning or use discrepancies, recent transfers, and signals of distress can all help investors screen opportunities more efficiently—as long as the original source and update date remain visible. Starting with one county and learning directly from active investors is a smart way to build something practical. Best of luck connecting with the Triangle community.
Attorney · 10451 Mill Run Cir #755 Owings Mills, MD 21117 · Member since 2024 · 483 posts · 177 votes
4d
Quote from @Mark Andales:
Hi everyone, I’m Mark. I recently started GroundVerity, a property-intelligence project focused on organizing and reconciling public-record data for real estate investors.
I’m currently working with Johnston County, NC data, including tax status, ownership, valuation, zoning, parcel information, and transfer history.
I joined BiggerPockets mainly to learn from investors who are actively looking for deals and understand what information is actually useful in practice.
Looking forward to learning from the community and connecting with people who invest in North Carolina and the Triangle area.
— Mark
@Mark Andales, this caught my attention because I work with real estate investors and spend a lot of time looking at the legal side of properties. From my perspective, being able to quickly understand the ownership and recorded history of a property would definitely be useful, especially when an investor is deciding whether a deal is worth looking into further.
I’ve worked on deals where something that looked fairly simple at first became more complicated once we started digging into title, ownership, or the recorded documents. Public record research can be a great starting point, but knowing where the information came from and being able to trace it back when something doesn’t line up is really valuable.
Interesting project, @Mark Andales. It overlaps quite a bit with the due diligence side of the work I do with investors. I’d be happy to stay connected and see how GroundVerity develops as you get more feedback from people using this information in actual deals.
Technology · Member since 2026 · 8 posts · 0 votes
4d
Thanks, Diana. I really appreciate your perspective, especially coming from the legal side of real estate investing. The traceability piece you mentioned is actually one of the things I’m trying to get right with GroundVerity. Public records can look straightforward until different sources start telling slightly different stories.
I want to make it easier to see where the information came from and flag the areas that may deserve a closer look rather than treating every record as automatically correct.
I’d definitely like to stay connected. Your perspective on ownership, title, and recorded-document issues would be really valuable as I continue refining this.
GroundVerity sounds like an interesting project, and Johnston County is a market with a lot going on. This is a good place to learn what investors actually find useful, so feel free to ask questions and get feedback from the community.
Lender · Licensed in 28 States · Member since 2026 · 161 posts · 46 votes
1d
@Mark Andales Welcome to BiggerPockets, Mark! The property data you’re working with sounds really useful for investors. If you’re ever looking to connect the data side with financing options for investors and their deals, feel free to reach out. Happy to help with lending resources.
Technology · Member since 2026 · 8 posts · 0 votes
1d
Thanks for the welcome, Brad! I appreciate you reaching out. That sounds like an interesting connection, especially as GroundVerity continues to grow and expand into additional markets. I'd be happy to stay in touch and explore potential opportunities down the road.