Chicago and SW burbs - SFR flippin and holdin

Chicago and SW burbs - SFR flippin and holdin

Investor · Fort Thomas, KY · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 5 votes

Good morning, everyone,

I'm new to the site but not new to real estate. I've been an appraiser and a broker for many years...now I'm trying to find my way in the short & long term property investment game.

I have flipped a few houses with my dad over the past couple years, as the broker and guy on the ground (he lives in Cali) but now I am venturing off on my own.

I have a very firm grasp on how to locate, determine market value of distressed properties, and after rehab market value via my appraisal experience but am still learning the ins-and-outs of investing.

I look forward to getting more involved in this site and learning from people who have been through it all.

I am currently under contract with a house in the burbs and looking for a good CPA familiar with r.e. investing to get my finances in order, if you know one in the S or SW burbs of Chicago, please let me know!

Have a good day!

Brandon

0Reply
4 views

Most Popular Reply

Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
12y

@Brandon Nappi Welcome to BP! It is always great to have a local appraiser in the group (appraisals are my Achilles heel) For a CPA I recommend @Steven Hamilton II he works with many of the investors here and is in the North burbs I think.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Brandon Nappi Welcome to BP! It is always great to have a local appraiser in the group (appraisals are my Achilles heel) For a CPA I recommend @Steven Hamilton II he works with many of the investors here and is in the North burbs I think.

  • Investor · Fort Thomas, KY · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    Thanks @Brie Schmidt - don't hate me just because I'm an appraiser :( ....and thank you for the CPA referral. Have a good week!

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    No problem @Brandon Nappi ... don't hate me when I randomly email you with appraisal questions!

    A good way to stay in the loop here is to set up keyword alerts on things like "Chicago" http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 451 posts · 96 votes
    12y

    Welcome...

  • Investor · Fort Thomas, KY · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    @Brie Schmidt Always available for appraisal questions, fire away!

    @Timothy Riley Thanks!

  • Accountant, Enrolled Agent · Grayslake, IL · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    I will second the appraisal comment. Some are just brutal.

    Happy to have you aboard.

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    12y

    Hey @Brandon Nappi welcome to the site! Feel free to jump in the community here and also take advantage of the treasure of knowledge here.

    BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Investor · Eola, IL · Member since 2014 · 137 posts · 22 votes
    12y

    Hi Brandon... welcome to BP.

    If you can find some great deal in distressed properties, may be we can partner up. I am from Western berbs... Please let me know if interested or just for networking to share ideas!

    Cheers!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Brandon Nappi thanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have you here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success.

    Oh - and be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts- especially for "Chicago" so you'll be notified when people mention it here in the forums.

    Thanks again for introducing yourself!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.