New Member, Agent from Olathe, Kansas!

New Member, Agent from Olathe, Kansas!

Involved In Real Estate · Olathe, KS · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 5 votes

Hello and thank you for welcoming me to BiggerPockets! I'm excited to be here and hope to network with other members and experienced professionals for ongoing advise and referrals.

About me: I have big goals for myself, my family, and my community. Becoming a father last year changed my perspective on how I wanted to spend my next 20 years and the wisdom I will pass on to my daughter. I've always been well organized and goal-driven, but suddenly realized that I've always struggled with the fear of failure; thus, I've always made my goals smaller than what my potential would actually allow me to accomplish. In 2009, I became licensed in Kansas as a real estate sales agent, and worked part-time with a broker who specialized in flips and rentals. Of course, during the years that followed, we struggled to gain new clients and buyers and primarily shifted focus to property management and riding out the recession storm; while I settled into my "successful" full time career in Financial Risk Analysis with a Fortune 500 corporation.

After 10 years of the desk job, and the birth of my daughter, I realized I could only be the father I wanted to be if I made a change that would allow me to challenge my potential while serving my community's interests, which are greater than my (former) employer's. So I chose to dedicate myself full time to real estate early in the year. I firmly believe my diverse skill set, education, and professional experience are ideal for taking on the unique challenges associated with working alongside real estate investors. My newer, more aggressive goals include: becoming known as a reliable and competent agent for investors throughout Johnson County; and being able to provide for my family's living expenses within 5-10 years, through passive income alone from my own investments, so that I can dedicate my time even more so to serving my community. I am currently involved in various improvement initiatives like revitalization efforts surrounding the Envision Downtown Olathe Plan, and I volunteer my time and skills to various other programs like Pit Bull E.D.U., which promotes a responsible approach to interactions between local residents' pets and other members of the community through education.

I do believe that more so than in many other industry, in real estate you can get out as much as you put in; and I put daily effort into mastering my craft. I appreciate you taking the time to read my long-winded post and again for welcoming me to the forum. I look forward to meeting members, being involved in discussions and swapping wisdom!

1Reply
22 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    12y

    @Christian Hidalgo welcome to the site.

  • Real Estate Investor · Olathe, KS · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    12y
    Welcome Christian. I am new to the RE world in JoCo. Maybe we can help each other.
  • Involved In Real Estate · Olathe, KS · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    Thank you for the welcomes, James and Todd. Todd, it'd be my pleasure to help out!

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    12y

    Hey @Christian Hidalgo welcome to BiggerPockets! It is great to have you and please feel free to jump in the community - there are certainly great people around here!

    And oh, learn how to use BiggerPockets to grow your business by checking this quick guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/biz


    See you around!

    BiggerPockets
  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Christian Hidalgo thanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have you here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success.

    Oh - and be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts- especially for "Olathe" so you'll be notified when people mention it here in the forums.

    Thanks again for introducing yourself!

  • Real Estate Broker · Leawood, KS · Member since 2013 · 150 posts · 23 votes
    12y

    @Christian Hidalgo Welcome to BP nation! This site is amazing! 

    As you know South JOCO is a very desirable area and I have been seeing multiple offers on houses as they hit the market. 

    See you around...

    Cheers, 

  • Homeowner · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 35 posts · 10 votes
    12y

    Welcome @Christian Hidalgo 

    Hope you find BP very useful.  There are a lot of great people on this site to help.

    Andy

  • Involved In Real Estate · Olathe, KS · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    Thank you @Dave Visaya and @Brandon Turner , the links are very useful!

  • Involved In Real Estate · Olathe, KS · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Ray Orellano:
    @Christian Hidalgo Welcome to BP nation! This site is amazing!
    As you know South JOCO is a very desirable area and I have been seeing multiple offers on houses as they hit the market.

    See you around...

    Cheers,

    You're right! Agents talk to others within their offices before going on the MLS because chances are nowadays that there are at least a couple agents under the same broker with potential buyers for that property. You hear a lot of asking for "first dibs", but of course it's ultimately our responsibility to work in our clients' best interest and present multiple offers if we can get them! As someone with an Economics background, it's really fascinating to speculate how the market will shift to adjust for the rapid increase in property values here. Do you have any thoughts or strategy for SOJOCO?

  • Involved In Real Estate · Olathe, KS · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Welcome @Christian Hidalgo

    Hope you find BP very useful. There are a lot of great people on this site to help.

    Andy

    Thanks, Andy! I think that being on BP and actively participating in topic discussion is indicative of well-prepared individuals and dedication toward accomplishing goals. I would feel comfortable referring out-of-state through this network based on the perception that folks on here are passionate about success and have the resources available to help get there.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.