New - Semi-Experienced Investor from Chicago

New - Semi-Experienced Investor from Chicago

Specialist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 6 votes

Hello all! My name is Melissa and I am a semi-experienced real estate investor in Chicago. I am also new to this site so wanted to introduce myself.

1Reply
76 views

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @MELISSA PITTS - Welcome!  What type of investing do you do? 

  • Investor · Arlington Heights, IL · Member since 2014 · 135 posts · 34 votes
    12y

    Welcome @MELISSA PITTS !

  • Specialist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    Thank you so much Brianna! I am an apartment building wholesaler. What about you? 

    Thanks again for the welcome.

    Melissa

  • Specialist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    Thank you so much Roman! What type of investing do you do?

    Thanks again for the welcome and have a great day.

    Melissa

  • Wholesaler · Crystal Lake, IL · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    12y
    Hi Melissa! I'm new to REI in Chicago, too! What area(s) of Chicagoland are you focusing on? My brother and I are trying to acquire some SFHs in northern Chicagoland to wholesale and eventually fully rehab/resell ourselves.
  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @MELISSA PITTS welcome to BP! What kind of multifamily wholesaling deals have you done in the past?

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 110 posts · 33 votes
    12y

    Welcome @MELISSA PITTS .

    I'm a wholesaler in Chicago as well. Just completed my first deal on the southwest side.

    How do you find your deals?

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 451 posts · 96 votes
    12y

    welcome...

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP community @MELISSA PITTS ! It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Wishing you the best! 

  • Specialist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    Thank you Ana, Timothy and Dmitriy for the welcome! I really appreciate it.

    Melissa PItts

  • Specialist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    Thanks for the welcome Dan! And I would be glad to help you.

  • Flipper / Rehabber / Real Estate Investor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2012 · 392 posts · 77 votes
    12y

    Hi and welcome @MELISSA PITTS

    Thanks for introducing yourself - even though I've been on the forums for a little bit, I still haven't done that! lol Maybe I should take your cue and do a formal intro!

    Don't forget to listen to the biggerpockets podcasts - there's a ton of great information on them.

    What area of Chicago are you focusing in?

  • Homeowner · Chicago Heights, IL · Member since 2014 · 105 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP.

  • Specialist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 6 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Larry Smet:

    Hi and welcome @MELISSA PITTS

    Thanks for introducing yourself - even though I've been on the forums for a little bit, I still haven't done that! lol Maybe I should take your cue and do a formal intro!

    Don't forget to listen to the biggerpockets podcasts - there's a ton of great information on them.

    What area of Chicago are you focusing in?

  • Specialist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 6 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Larry Smet:

    Hi and welcome @MELISSA PITTS

    Thanks for introducing yourself - even though I've been on the forums for a little bit, I still haven't done that! lol Maybe I should take your cue and do a formal intro!

    Don't forget to listen to the biggerpockets podcasts - there's a ton of great information on them.

    What area of Chicago are you focusing in?

     Hi Larry thank you for welcoming me and the great advise. I am focusing on the west and south side, but I acquire deals on the north side as well for my investors.

    Thank you again.

    Melissa Pitts

  • Specialist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 6 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Brent Mattison:

    Welcome to BP.

     Thank you Brent, I appreciate it. 

  • Specialist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 6 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Timothy Riley:

    welcome...

     Thank you Timothy...I appreciate it.

  • Specialist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 6 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Joe Fairless:

    @MELISSA PITTS welcome to BP! What kind of multifamily wholesaling deals have you done in the past?

     Thanks for the welcome Joe. I have done a handful of multifamily so far. I enjoy it more than residential, which is my background.

    Congrats on your success. Thank you again Joe.

    Melissa

  • Specialist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 6 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Dan Kalis:

    Hi Melissa! I'm new to REI in Chicago, too!

    What area(s) of Chicagoland are you focusing on?

    My brother and I are trying to acquire some SFHs in northern Chicagoland to wholesale and eventually fully rehab/resell ourselves.

     Thanks Dan I focus mainly on the south and west side but I acquire north side properties too. I would love to help you.

    Thanks again for the welcome. 

    Melissa

  • Specialist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 6 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Roman Pak:

    Welcome @MELISSA PITTS !

     Thank you so much for the welcome!

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    12y

    Hey @MELISSA PITTS welcome to BiggerPockets. It's great to have you here! Let us know how we can help.

    BiggerPockets
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 385 posts · 702 votes
    12y

    Welcome to the community

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @MELISSA PITTS  welcome to BP!

  • Specialist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 6 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Philip Williams:

    Welcome to the community

     Thank you so much Philip, I really appreciate it!

  • Specialist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 6 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Brandon Turner:

    Hey @MELISSA PITTS  welcome to BP!

     Thank you so much Brandon!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.