Investor · Southfield, MI · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 6 votes
Hello all!
My name is Shawn Daniel from Southfield, MI. I have been interested in REI for a few years now and have finally decided to take the plunge. I am currently in the information gathering stage, trying to decide which area of investing I should pursue first. I'm thinking wholesaling (like most newbies) and lease options, but there's a TON of information to take in.
Ultimately, I would like to own residential and commercial properties to build a solid rental portfolio, as well as fix and flip properties once or twice a month. I'm extremely interested in getting my hands dirty and would love to be on the site assisting with the rehabs!
At this point, I am looking to network with like-minded individuals, team members or gain a mentor to help out with the start-up process. If there are any meet-ups in the Metro Detroit area or anyone looking to network, I would love to hear from you!
Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 70 past ones to catch up on.
Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers(Cash Buyers).
You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.
Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over
Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
12y
Hey @Shawn Daniel welcome to the site! You can definitely learn a lot from here especially the fields you are interested with, just head over to the forums and ask any specific questions you have for investing.
If you like, you can check this quick guide to learn how to use BiggerPockets to grow your business: http://www.biggerpockets.com/biz