New investor for Cedar Rapids, IA saying hello to BP!

New investor for Cedar Rapids, IA saying hello to BP!

Austin DavisPro Member
Investor · Cedar Rapids, IA · Member since 2014 · 205 posts · 80 votes

Hello investors!

I am a new from Cedar Rapids, IA that is ready to jump in and start making things happen in Real Estate.

First, thank you @Joshua D.  and @Brandon Turner for doing the podcast, as the podcasts are responsible for my initial interest in RE investing.

I have recently got an LLC established,started a RE accountability club with other newbie investors and have started networking through other contacts that I have made, which has brought me to my first potential deal!

I am hoping for a LOT of constructive criticism from my new, super smart BP friends to make my journey to success as painless as possible. I hate failure, but am never afraid to try with support of experts helping me along the way. I apologize in advance for the stupid questions that I may ask. Any initial advice or support will bemuch appreciated.

My next step (right after this post) is to get serious about BP and invest in a Pro account as I feel the extra features are definitely worth the money. I look forward to getting to know a lot of you and becoming a greater part of this community.

P.S. One goal is to someday be a guest on the podcast. I have a lot to learn before then, but I think it is achievable. There hasn't been a guest from Iowa yet, right?

2Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Davenport, IA · Member since 2013 · 71 posts · 17 votes
12y

Welcome aboard Austin! I am from Davenport, Iowa and look forward to communicating with you on your path to great success. I just became a Pro Member today and will be putting together a blog about creating systems for your business, which I call Process For Profitability (PFP).

See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Davenport, IA · Member since 2013 · 71 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    Welcome aboard Austin! I am from Davenport, Iowa and look forward to communicating with you on your path to great success. I just became a Pro Member today and will be putting together a blog about creating systems for your business, which I call Process For Profitability (PFP).

  • Real Estate Investor · Cypress, CA · Member since 2013 · 877 posts · 94 votes
    12y

    @Troy Bevans what is the bigger pockets Troy

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Austin Davis welcome to the site, and thanks so much for signing up! (and for being a Pro! ) I'm glad you are enjoying the Podcasts - I know I learn SO MUCH from them each week.  Definitely stay active, start reaching out to folks, and let us know how we can help you accomplish your goals! 

  • davenport, IA · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    12y
    Welcome Austin. I'm here in Davenport. Glad to see CR is alive and well.
  • Real Estate Investor · Des Moines, IA · Member since 2014 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP, @Austin Davis 

    Nice to see another Iowan!!:)  I'm new as well and everyone here has been very helpful so far.  It sounds like you are starting out great!  Look forward to hearing you on the first ever Iowan podcast!!;)

    Kelli from Des Moines

  • Austin DavisPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Cedar Rapids, IA · Member since 2014 · 205 posts · 80 votes
    12y

    Thank you for the very warm welcomes so far!  

    Glad to see that we have a good Iowa presence on BP!  My brother and I started our RE business together.  He lives on the other side of the state and our goal is to research markets all over Iowa to invest in.  @Kelli E. and @Jack Hale , Davenport and Des Moines are definitely on our list of markets to look into, so we will be in touch!

    @Troy Bevans I look forward to seeing what "PFP" is all about.

    Thanks again for the support!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP community @Austin Davis  It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Wishing you the best!   

  • Real Estate Investor · Des Moines, IA · Member since 2014 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Your welcome @Austin Davis   

    Feel free to contact me if you ever need help in the Des Moines area!!  Plenty of properties to go around!!

    Kelli

  • Wholesaler · Brighton, IA · Member since 2013 · 98 posts · 25 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP, Austin.  Since you're in CR, I would urge you to start attending our Meetups.  We meet on the 3rd Wednesday of every month & alternate between CR & Iowa City.  Great people and a ton of information.  Look forward to seeing you there.

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    12y

    Hey @Austin Davis welcome to BiggerPockets! It is great to have you and please feel free to jump in the community - there are certainly great people around here!

    And oh, learn how to use BiggerPockets to grow your business by checking this quick guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/biz

    See you around!

    BiggerPockets
  • Austin DavisPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Cedar Rapids, IA · Member since 2014 · 205 posts · 80 votes
    12y

    Thanks @Dave Visaya!  I have noticed the great people that BP h as in the community and I am excited to be a part of it.  And I was actually searching for that guide not too long ago, so thanks for that, too!

  • Austin DavisPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Cedar Rapids, IA · Member since 2014 · 205 posts · 80 votes
    12y

    Thanks @Lonnie Pickard !  I have actually been looking for local meet-ups and didn't know that any were happening in our area.  Can you shoot me more info or let me know how to find the info about the meet up? 

  • Investor · Cedar Rapids, IA · Member since 2009 · 143 posts · 29 votes
    12y

    Welcome @Austin Davis ! The way the @ name thing works is you need type @?. Then a list of people that have posted on the thread will appear that you can pick from.

    @Lonnie Pickard is that the one on Meetup.com? I was thinking of going to that.

  • Investor · Cedar Rapids, IA · Member since 2009 · 143 posts · 29 votes
    12y

    Hmm, @Austin Davis and @Lonnie Pickard didn't work for me in the last post. Makes me feel silly since I just explained how to make it work.

  • Austin DavisPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Cedar Rapids, IA · Member since 2014 · 205 posts · 80 votes
    12y

    I agree, @Adam Moehn , the @mention seems to not work sometimes.  I also didn't know about meetup.com.  I will check that out.  Thanks!

  • Investor · Jensen Beach, FL · Member since 2014 · 132 posts · 33 votes
    12y

    Hey, @Austin Davis! Did you say you started a little REI club here in town? If so, can I score an invite?

    I haven't checked out the meetup.com group yet, but plan to in the near future!

    Thanks!

  • Austin DavisPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Cedar Rapids, IA · Member since 2014 · 205 posts · 80 votes
    12y

    @Account Closed ,

    Absolutely!  I will send you a PM with details about the group.

    I went to the the last meetup.com group and met some great people.

    Talk to you soon!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.