New Investor From Massachusetts.

New Investor From Massachusetts.

Investor · Cambridge, MA · Member since 2013 · 264 posts · 104 votes

Hello Everyone,

New blood here by way of Foxboro, Massachusetts (Go Pats). I first grew interest in real estate back in college (PSU, New Hampshire class of 10’ ). I remember handing my landlord $2,600 cash per semester (and watching my 2 roommates do the same) for a bedroom in an old creaky house which had probably been paid off for at least 20 years.

I have now been out of school and in the rat race for a few years now and religiously saving my funds to invest in real estate. My goal is to acquire (through buy and hold) enough units and cash flow to equal my current income. Not necessarily to quit my job but to have the peace of mind and financial freedom of knowing I could.

My real estate experience lies in the three properties I have made offers on. I have been ousted twice by cash buyers and am currently still in the running on a current offer for a 4 family down here in Southeast Massachusetts. Interesting process so far I may have to start a new thread on this houses situation.

I have started my search for cash flowing buy and holds here in my backyard but would travel anywhere for a deal.

The forums, literature, and podcasts have been a great form of information but now I feel it time to take advantage of the other aspect of biggerpockets which is the interaction with likeminded investors. 

2Reply
81 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Manchester, NH · Member since 2014 · 630 posts · 420 votes
12y

Hey James.  Welcome to BiggerPockets!  I'm a bit far north of you... (up in the Nashua area of New Hampshire) but nonetheless, nice to meet you!  

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Boston · Member since 2014 · 103 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    @Jim Sestito Two things: 

    1. How'd you make out on the four-plex? Were you able to purchase it?

    2. Go Panthers! Fellow PSU grad... welcome to the site.

  • Investor · Cambridge, MA · Member since 2013 · 264 posts · 104 votes
    10y

    @Chad Duval  Hey Chad - did not get the 4 Plex.  However bought a 2 family down the street a few weeks after!

    Always great to meet another PSU alum interested in real estate - I played sports with a few Duvals up at PSU. Joe and Zack they were brothers.

    Btw you have a very cool website design. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Boston · Member since 2014 · 103 posts · 21 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jim Sestito:

    @Chad Duval  Hey Chad - did not get the 4 Plex.  However bought a 2 family down the street a few weeks after!

    Always great to meet another PSU alum interested in real estate - I played sports with a few Duvals up at PSU. Joe and Zack they were brothers.

    Btw you have a very cool website design. 

     That's great! Are you investing in Foxborough? Oh yes, I've lost touch with them, but used to bump into Joe every now and again. lol

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.