• Cambridge, MA
Votes |
New Investor From Massachusetts.

Jim Sestito
  • Investor
  • Cambridge, MA
Posted Jul 17 2014, 04:31

Hello Everyone,

New blood here by way of Foxboro, Massachusetts (Go Pats). I first grew interest in real estate back in college (PSU, New Hampshire class of 10’ ). I remember handing my landlord $2,600 cash per semester (and watching my 2 roommates do the same) for a bedroom in an old creaky house which had probably been paid off for at least 20 years.

I have now been out of school and in the rat race for a few years now and religiously saving my funds to invest in real estate. My goal is to acquire (through buy and hold) enough units and cash flow to equal my current income. Not necessarily to quit my job but to have the peace of mind and financial freedom of knowing I could.

My real estate experience lies in the three properties I have made offers on. I have been ousted twice by cash buyers and am currently still in the running on a current offer for a 4 family down here in Southeast Massachusetts. Interesting process so far I may have to start a new thread on this houses situation.

I have started my search for cash flowing buy and holds here in my backyard but would travel anywhere for a deal.

The forums, literature, and podcasts have been a great form of information but now I feel it time to take advantage of the other aspect of biggerpockets which is the interaction with likeminded investors. 

Loading replies...