New to Real Estate in Mid-Michigan

New to Real Estate in Mid-Michigan

Midland, MI · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 7 votes

Hi All,

I have just signed up for Real Estate Agent classes which is how I plan to learn the business. I have also been listening to the podcast and reading the beginners guide. 

Just wanted to say hey and connect with other people in the area. The more you know the more you grow.

3Reply
63 views

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Panama City, FL · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    hey Brandon glad to see you here let grow together

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 169 posts · 29 votes
    12y

    @Brandon S. Lewis Welcome to BP!  I'm new to all this as well.  Good Luck with everything!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP community @Brandon S. Lewis  It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select that person below. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best! 

  • Midland, MI · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    12y
    Thanks Dmitriy, Marcus and Tim!
  • Rental Property Investor · Yorba Linda, CA · Member since 2012 · 336 posts · 69 votes
    12y

    @Brandon S. Lewis 

    Welcome fellow Bigger Pockets member! This is a great forum and I am sure it will help you learn many facets of the real estate investment world. I purchased my first investment property over 40 years ago and only wish that I had a resource like BP community when I got started! So you are in a good company.

    Some say that your net-worth equals your network, and this is the place to make right connections. You should also find investors locally and network with them face-to-face. Find people close to you using MEET feature. Also, look for investor meetings on Meetup.

    All the best!

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    12y

    Hey @Brandon S. Lewis welcome to the site! Feel free to jump in the community here and also take advantage of the treasure of knowledge here.

    BiggerPockets
  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Brandon S. Lewis welcome to the site! I'm glad that you're reading the Beginner's Guide and listening to the podcast. Hope they help you in your journey. Also, feel free to ask any questions in the forums. Seeya around!

  • Homeowner · Howell, MI · Member since 2014 · 27 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Good afternoon,
    Just want to say welcome from one newbie in michigan to another. I'm basically in the same situation as you and just starting out but if you ever have any questions or just want to get a second opinion on something feel free to ask away. Good Luck

    Corey

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Brandon S. Lewis 

    Welcome. Time to build the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good luck

    Paul

  • Midland, MI · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    Good Morning!

    Thank you Edward and Dave. 

    Brandon this site is amazing and has a top of great advice.

    Corey I hope that we get a chance to connect and possibly work together in the future. 

  • Midland, MI · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    Thanks Paul. I really appreciate the advice. I will check them out!

  • Realtor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2013 · 278 posts · 114 votes
    12y

    Hey @ Brandon S. Lewis

    Welcome to BP. There is a ton of information available to newbies as well as seasoned members. I am in the Metro Detroit area. I just recently got my real estate license and it is also alot to learn.

  • Midland, MI · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    Hey Al,

    Thanks for sending me a message. Congrats on getting your real estate license. Hopefully we can talk and potentially work together one day.

  • Dearborn , MI · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Hi @Brandon S. Lewis welcome to BP.

    Lots of valuable resources and networking opportunities here. I'm a rental home developer from Detroit and always looking to meet new buyers and investors. Happy to help and answer any questions you may have. Best of luck!

    Fawzeih 

  • Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2014 · 23 posts · 15 votes
    12y

    welcome!

    I'm also new to the BP world, and just starting in Detroit rentals, though my focus area is in Detroit proper. 

    Cheers,

    Mark

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.