New bigger pockets member from Ontario, California

New bigger pockets member from Ontario, California

Investor · ONTARIO, CA · Member since 2014 · 41 posts · 10 votes

Hello BP members im happy to be a member i have heard so many great compliments on this site i had to check it out. Well as for me i am a real estate wholesaler/investor i am fairly new to the business but i  will say i am eager to learn and become more knowledgeable about real estate investing. I hope i can learn from other investors and their experience. Thank you all god bless.

Gerry

2Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · McKinney, TX · Member since 2014 · 189 posts · 93 votes
12y

Welcome Gerry! I grew up in the valley there, have a lot of family there and miss it. Do yourself a HUGE favor and go snag the podcasts. I like listening to them, and it beats listening to the news or other nonsense that just gets us pissed off.  You will really learn a lot.

And to suck up to Brandon Turner and Joshua Dorkin just a tad, they keep it light and just the right amount of humurous- all while extracting tons of great info from their guests.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Coach · Chicagoland · Member since 2013 · 502 posts · 101 votes
    12y

    Welcome!

    I'd suggest starting off with the following resources:

    1.http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    2.http://www.biggerpockets.com/files

    3.The Ultimate Beginners Guide to Real Estate Investing

    These are really great places to get immersed in the benefits and tools of this community!

    If you ever have any questions feel free to reach out to me any time!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Gerry Medina thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself! If you haven't yet- be sure to setup some "Keyword Alerts" to get into conversation in your target area.

    Seeya around!

  • Rental Property Investor · Yorba Linda, CA · Member since 2012 · 336 posts · 69 votes
    12y

    @Gerry Medina 

    Welcome fellow Bigger Pockets member! This is a great forum and I am sure it will help you learn many facets of the real estate investment world. I purchased my first investment property over 40 years ago and only wish that I had a resource like BP community when I got started! So you are in a good company.

    Some say that your net-worth equals your network, and this is the place to make right connections. You should also find investors locally and network with them face-to-face. Find people close to you using MEET feature. Also, look for investor meetings on Meetup.

    All the best!

  • Investor · McKinney, TX · Member since 2014 · 189 posts · 93 votes
    12y

    Welcome Gerry! I grew up in the valley there, have a lot of family there and miss it. Do yourself a HUGE favor and go snag the podcasts. I like listening to them, and it beats listening to the news or other nonsense that just gets us pissed off.  You will really learn a lot.

    And to suck up to Brandon Turner and Joshua Dorkin just a tad, they keep it light and just the right amount of humurous- all while extracting tons of great info from their guests.

  • Investor · ONTARIO, CA · Member since 2014 · 41 posts · 10 votes
    12y

    @JARON BARNES THANKS ALOT FOR THE TIPS AND I WILL MOST DEFINITELY TAKE A LOOK AT TOSE LINKS . I APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT. 

    SORRY EVery one I TAKE LONG TO RESPOND. I AM A ONE MAN TEAM MY BUSINESS AT THIS TIME SO IM BUSY DOING AL THE SEARCHES  AHD SENDING OUT MY DIRECT MAIL. MY GOAL OF COURSE IS TO LEARN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO BE ABLE HAVE SYSTEMS IN PLACE TO AUTOMATE THE WHOLE BUSINESS

  • Investor · ONTARIO, CA · Member since 2014 · 41 posts · 10 votes
    12y

    @BRANDON TURNER THANKS ALOT THAT WAS A VERY HELPFUL TIP FROM YOU

  • Investor · ONTARIO, CA · Member since 2014 · 41 posts · 10 votes
    12y

    @ Edward Synichy thank you for your support and d yes i am aware of how we are able to save so much time in the business today compared to the 90s. And yes i started contacting nearby BP members

  • Investor · ONTARIO, CA · Member since 2014 · 41 posts · 10 votes
    12y

    @stan hill yes i love the inland  valley area ive lived in Ontario most of my life its been awsome but hopefully soon i can have the income and the freedom that comes with making good income and having systems that will allow my business to produce without me being physically  present .   I started listening to the podcasts i try to listen to one daily i cant stress on how beneficial bit is to liaten to possitive people who are successful in your industry and who are in a position where you want to be. My mother used to say this and its engraved in my heart and mind . "You are or will become who you surround yourself with" i believe that is so true because of my owm experiences . Anyways thank you all for your kindness and willingness to to give and share your knowledge which is of so much value to new investors.  

    Thanks and God bless

  • Involved In Real Estate · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 42 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    Welcome !!! in 3 months your going to be glad you hoped on board

    -Paul

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.