Columbia Falls, MT · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 2 votes
Just wanted to say hello to everyone on here my name is Casey Wilson I am form Kalispell, MT and I am in the process of building my real estate career. I currently have 5 rental properties that are all single family residences and look forward to expanding my portfolio to contain more income properties like storage sheds, RV parks and commercial properties. I found bigger pockets by researching real estate pod casts a couple weeks ago and have been hooked ever since. I really enjoy the interviews and everyone's success stories. I have learned a lot from this community already and can't wait to unlock the information and networking opportunities of this site. Hope you have a great day.
Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y
Welcome to Bigger Pockets!
We are buy and hold investors in single family homes. We work full time and invest in real state on the side. We invest both locally and all over thhe country. We self manage even with full time jobs so we have gotten very good at creating a sold business model. Once we have our 10 house and maxed the conventional mortgages I look forward to entering commercial. Our goal is for early retirement in 15 years :)
You will love the diverse community and all the resources. So a great place is to look around the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts for different niches. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Many of us including myself talk about our strategies, styles, niches and business model on our website. So definitely check that out as it is an amazing additional resource. For example, my blog is about while working full time, buy and hold investing, 0% Down Rentals, Personal Properties turned rentals, Long distancing investing, self-managing 3,000+ miles away. Definitely list your blog or website in your signature, if you have one. Its a great additional networking source.
Look forward to seeing and connecting with you around!
Investor · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2013 · 146 posts · 93 votes
11y
Hi Casey, I have family in Ronan and we go up there several times a year so I'm always interested in the real estate market in that area. Are all your properties in Kalispell? What is the rental market like up there?
Columbia Falls, MT · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 2 votes
11y
Ronan is a great area I have a few friends from there and I pass through there quite often. All my properties are in Montana I have one in Kalispell and one in Whitefish which is on the north end of Flathead Lake. It takes some work to find deals that cash flow but they are out there. The rental market is strong rents have gone up substantially in the last 18 months.
Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y
Welcome to Bigger Pockets!
We are buy and hold investors in single family homes. We work full time and invest in real state on the side. We invest both locally and all over thhe country. We self manage even with full time jobs so we have gotten very good at creating a sold business model. Once we have our 10 house and maxed the conventional mortgages I look forward to entering commercial. Our goal is for early retirement in 15 years :)
You will love the diverse community and all the resources. So a great place is to look around the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts for different niches. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Many of us including myself talk about our strategies, styles, niches and business model on our website. So definitely check that out as it is an amazing additional resource. For example, my blog is about while working full time, buy and hold investing, 0% Down Rentals, Personal Properties turned rentals, Long distancing investing, self-managing 3,000+ miles away. Definitely list your blog or website in your signature, if you have one. Its a great additional networking source.
Look forward to seeing and connecting with you around!
Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
11y
@Casey Wilson Welcome to BP. I am south of you. What is driving your boom? I assume you are too far from the Balkan oil shale boom to be getting much from there. Any other things causing the demand?
Investing in small communities has it's own challenges. Do you do fix ups in order to get a good price? That is my best strategy so far. Of course that makes aquisition slow.
Columbia Falls, MT · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 2 votes
11y
Jerry,
We a long ways form the Balkan but there is a lot of people form the area working over there which has a impact. Another reason for the growth is because it is a tourist area and a lot of people come form out of state and want to move here. I think the baby boomers are selling their house in CA for 700k or more and paying cash for places up here and putting some vacation money in their pocket as well.
I have had a few fix ups but having a good realtor has helped me a lot as well. The last deal I got was just word of mouth my book keeper herd about and the sellers contacted me so getting your name out in the small community is also helpful.