Newbie to the site, wanted to say hello.

Newbie to the site, wanted to say hello.

Banker · Kingsport, TN · Member since 2008 · 16 posts · 0 votes

Hello all,
I made a wrong turn on the web while doing a search today and found this site. I think after reading some of the posts here that it was a right turn after all! What a great concept and site. I love moderated forums as you can really get good info and not just adds and spam and trolls.
I am a commercial lender that is very much involved with a downtown revitalization project and am looking forward to swapping ideas and thoughts with others in the "biz". I love learning of others experiences of past investments and thrilled to share in success stories when it comes to Real Estate investments.
I am looking forward to becoming an active member in your community as well. :)
Oh, I should mention I am in Beautiful North East TN.

0Reply
15 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 23 votes
    18y

    Welcome to the group!

    Every once in a while in life, when you “zig” instead of “zag” it works out...

    Glad you are here… See you around!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    18y

    Mary-Beth -
    I'm happy that you made a wrong turn somewhere and wound up on BiggerPockets. I hope to see you around!

  • Banker · Kingsport, TN · Member since 2008 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    Ok, what did I do wrong here? My join date says Jan 1st 1970 and well seeing as that is about 6 months before I was born, I would say there is a mistake made somewhere?? :lol:
    How do I correct this?

  • Real Estate Consultant · Murrieta, CA · Member since 2008 · 117 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    Welcome to the site.

  • Real Estate Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 23 votes
    18y
    Originally posted by "mbmouse":
    Ok, what did I do wrong here? My join date says Jan 1st 1970 and well seeing as that is about 6 months before I was born, I would say there is a mistake made somewhere?? :lol: How do I correct this?

    I see you have been a member here before the internet existed!

    How did you guys communicate?... Cups with strings? LOL

    It’s just a little glitch… Bigger Pockets just did and will be doing another upgrade soon. So for now, you are one of the first members!

  • Real Estate Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2008 · 424 posts · 5 votes
    18y

    How cool would it be to read a real estate investing "forum" from 1970? I can see it now..

    In the "New Trends" forum: Green and orange shag carpet.. your gonna love it!! Oh, and MORE PANELLING!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

  • Banker · Kingsport, TN · Member since 2008 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    18y
    Originally posted by "BlueStarHomes":
    How cool would it be to read a real estate investing "forum" from 1970? I can see it now..

    In the "New Trends" forum: Green and orange shag carpet.. your gonna love it!! Oh, and MORE PANELLING!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

    LOL! Hey, I actually bought a house and fliped with that panelling and green shag carpet a few years back LOL!. Made and easy 25k on it. All I did was rip out the carpet to show the beautifuly preserved T&G oak floor, took off the paneling and repaired some of the plaster, done. :)
    So if you are an investor, LOOK for the shag carpet and panelling hahahahha.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.