Hey everyone - Newbie from Los Angeles, CA

Hey everyone - Newbie from Los Angeles, CA

Investor · Van Nuys, CA · Member since 2014 · 151 posts · 38 votes

Hi everyone. My name is Sean Hurwitz and after chatting with Mr. @Brandon Turner, I thought it might be a good idea to formally introduce myself.

Originally born and raised in Israel, I've been living in LA since 2003.
I'm a Musician by trade and an entrepreneur at heart. One of my main gigs is playing guitar for the band "Smash Mouth". As I said, it's only one of them. I've also been investing in my future through song writing and producing for 8-9 years.
After seeing (from experience) that music royalties are going nowhere but downhill, I decided to invest my money and time elsewhere. That's when I discovered Real Estate.
So, here we are!

Thanks to the BP team and members this new adventure has been a VERY cool one so far!
I listen to the podcast daily (catching up on all of them) and I'm here to make as many friends in the biz as I can. I'm ALL about the relationships, so hit me up! :-)

Thanks for your time!

Sean

www.seanhurwitz.com

5Reply
68 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Beverly Hills, CA · Member since 2014 · 472 posts · 272 votes
11y

Hi @Sean Hurwitz Welcome to BP. I'm really happy to hear that you've recognized the opportunity to diversify your income streams with real estate.

As @Shane W. can tell you, I'd be happy to jump on a call with you and share with you my experience of investing in real estate, getting licensed, etc here in Los Angeles.

Happy New Year to you!

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Van Nuys, CA · Member since 2014 · 151 posts · 38 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Edward Synicky:

    @Sean Hurwitz 

    Welcome fellow Bigger Pockets member! This is a great forum and I am sure it will help you learn many facets of the real estate investment world. I purchased my first investment property over 40 years ago and only wish that I had a resource like BP community when I got started! So you are in a good company.

    Some say that your net-worth equals your network, and this is the place to make right connections. You should also find investors locally and network with them face-to-face. Find people close to you using MEET feature. Also, look for investor meetings on Meetup.

    All the best!

    Thanks Edward, already met a good chunk of them.
    Great company!

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    11y

    Hey @Sean Hurwitz welcome to BP!

    BiggerPockets
  • Investor · Van Nuys, CA · Member since 2014 · 151 posts · 38 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Dave Visaya:

    Hey @Sean Hurwitz welcome to BP!

     Thanks Dave ;-)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.