I just purchased my first REI property in Cincinnati

I just purchased my first REI property in Cincinnati

Ross, OH · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 1 vote

Hello Biggerpockets community,

 I closed on my first investment property just last week!  I had been searching for a property for close to a year before finally getting this one. It will be a buy and hold property; it is a 3 bedroom ranch that I will be adding a 4th bedroom to in the basement. The work should begin on the house soon and I'm hoping to have it ready for a tenant in 3 months.

 My long term plan is to add a single family home every year, of course until I'm able to afford to add more than one a year :). Hopefully I will have a success story to share in a few months. I have previously rented out a condo that we lived in (accidental landlords), but this will be my first purpose bought investment property. 

-Brian

0Reply
48 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Professional · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 25 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    congrats Brian!!!

  • Engineer · Ann Arbor, MI · Member since 2013 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Congrats!  I'm hoping to close on my first deal in the next couple of months.  Care to share the numbers?

  • Wholesaler · Rock Hill, SC · Member since 2014 · 137 posts · 30 votes
    11y

    Congrats Ben on taking immediate action. I am from the cinco area and there a lot, what part of town did you buy in?

  • Investor · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2014 · 303 posts · 101 votes
    11y

    @Brian Croll 

    Congrats Brian! Way to get out there and start investing! Like @Nicholas Elliott 

    said, do you care to share the numbers?

  • Ross, OH · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    @Nicholas Elliott   & @Justin Howe : 

    I can share the numbers I have so far. I purchased the property for $51,000. I financed the property for 20 years and put 25% down. I'm anticipating the rehab to cost about $12,000. There are a 3 bedroom properties in the area renting for $$850-$950/month so I'm expecting something in the $950-$1050 range for rent. My PITI (princinple, interest, taxes & insurance) are right about $430 a month so I should hopefully have some good cash flow.

    @Michael Westberry : I bought in the White Oak / Colerain area. 

  • Wholesaler · Rock Hill, SC · Member since 2014 · 137 posts · 30 votes
    11y

    @Brian Croll Brian that is awesome and you should be cash flowing a lot:)

  • Investor · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2014 · 303 posts · 101 votes
    11y

    @Brian Croll 

    It sounds like you got a great deal! Congrats! Good luck on the rehab and keep us posted. I'd love to hear your story as you progress.

  • Engineer · Ann Arbor, MI · Member since 2013 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    11y

     @Brian Croll 

    Nice work!  Sounds like a good plan.  Good luck with the rehab.

  • Lender · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Congratulations and welcome to BiggerPockets! Cincinnati is a huge market for investors!

  • Ross, OH · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    I thought I would give a quick update on the property. I had to fix a couple minor plumbing issues in order to have the house re-inspected for the mortgage. This and waiting for my contractor to finish up another job meant the house sat idle for about 3 weeks.

    Last weekend my contractor was able to start on the house with his guys. They demo'd the bath and kitchen, framed in one of the kitchen doorways (that was useless), extended the wall for usable cabinet space and started demo on the basement.

    Kitchen before

    Current Status: cabinets will now be able to wrap and follow the new wall

    Basement Before: 

    Current Status (Forgot to get the pad lock off the garage door for them to get this stuff to the dumpster, whoops)

    We'll see how things go this weekend. I'm trying to stay ahead of the game and make sure I have things ready for the guys to keep working uninterrupted, I've managed some big constructions at work but this is the first time doing something like this for myself. All I know is I'm glad I talked myself out of doing the work all myself :) 

    -Brian

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.