New Investor from Houston area

New Investor from Houston area

Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 2 votes

Hey im David I just found this site out, I might need a little help navigating it but im sure I will get it. Im originally from Canada, been in living in Houston tx for about 3 years.  I go to school through the union about to take a welding course and online trading course in the near future. My favorite sport is basketball and I like to play monopoly :P...anyways I hope this is the new member forum ...looking for real estate comrade, I do have question pertaining to the real estate business, I want to get started cracking as soon as possible as I am confident enough to start make things happen, so let start networking....

1Reply
79 views

Most Popular Reply

Steve RozenbergPro Member
Specialist · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y
Hi David, We are here in Houston and pretty active investors as well as owning a property management company. If you like send me a message and if you want to meet up or come by my office I would be happy to help. You can email me at [email protected] Our office is in the heights area
See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 39 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    Welcome David! 

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Daniel Fleming:

    Welcome David! 

    there we go ...Thank you bud

  • Real Estate Investor · Vancouver Island - Salt Spring Island, BC · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 11 votes
    11y

    Greetings David. I'm an REI newbie too. I wish you a successful 2015!

  • Investor · Antioch, CA · Member since 2014 · 97 posts · 37 votes
    11y
    Welcome!
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Ross McKenzie:

    Greetings David. I'm an REI newbie too. I wish you a successful 2015!

    Appreciate it...Im from Vancouver bc...So I know the area quite well....maybe we can team up in the future since I hope to expand back home

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Welcome!

    appreciate sir!

  • Real Estate Investor · Vancouver Island - Salt Spring Island, BC · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 11 votes
    11y

    Team up?  I'm open to anything David if the deal looks good.  I'm just learning the ropes, but hope to ramp up soon. Vancouver is a wonderful city, not happening like Montreal, and it's not California (my fave - but I can speak of Texas - never been there), but so many waterfront oasis's that you can't help but feel like Alice in Wonderland sometimes, (without the dress).

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    11y

    Hey @David Daniels welcome to BiggerPockets! It's great that you are here. Yes, it may be hard navigating the site for a couple of days but once you figure it out, it's definitely an easy way to learn more about Real estate investing. Check out the Learn tab above to see the resources. Also, here's a post you might like biggerpockets.com/biz 

    BiggerPockets
  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @David Daniels 

    Welcome. Time to build the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.

    You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good luck

    Paul

  • Realtor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    welcome! Good luck in your endeavors !

  • Steve RozenbergPro Member
    Specialist · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y
    Hi David, We are here in Houston and pretty active investors as well as owning a property management company. If you like send me a message and if you want to meet up or come by my office I would be happy to help. You can email me at [email protected] Our office is in the heights area
  • Real Estate Broker · Cypress, TX · Member since 2013 · 822 posts · 468 votes
    11y

    Welcome to the site @David Daniels . BP has a Houston meetup every month - this month's is on the 29th. You should attend and meet other investors face-to-face. I'll be moving there next month and plan on doing just that. Good luck!

  • Billy ConesPro Member
    Harker Heights, TX · Member since 2014 · 98 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets @David Daniels 

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    11y

    @David Daniels 

    Hello and welcome to the crazy and wonderful world of BP!

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 75 posts · 14 votes
    11y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets! @David Daniels 

    You should definitely attend some networking events going on around the city, you will meet lots of people with similar goals.  

    Good Luck, and hopefully we will see you around. 

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Steve Rozenberg:

    Hi David,
    We are here in Houston and pretty active investors as well as owning a property management company.

    If you like send me a message and if you want to meet up or come by my office I would be happy to help.

    You can email me at [email protected]

    Our office is in the heights area

    alright sure will Steven..where about in the heights are you located?

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Alan Vieyra:

    Welcome to Biggerpockets! @David Daniels 

    You should definitely attend some networking events going on around the city, you will meet lots of people with similar goals.  

    Good Luck, and hopefully we will see you around. 

    appreciate Alan...definitely will

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Larry Fried:

    @David Daniels 

    Hello and welcome to the crazy and wonderful world of BP!

    Thank You Larry

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Billy Cones:

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets @David Daniels 

    Thank you man!

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Sharon Tzib:

    Welcome to the site @David Daniels . BP has a Houston meetup every month - this month's is on the 29th. You should attend and meet other investors face-to-face. I'll be moving there next month and plan on doing just that. Good luck!

    Yup cant wait Sharon and Thank you

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Ross McKenzie:

    Team up?  I'm open to anything David if the deal looks good.  I'm just learning the ropes, but hope to ramp up soon. Vancouver is a wonderful city, not happening like Montreal, and it's not California (my fave - but I can speak of Texas - never been there), but so many waterfront oasis's that you can't help but feel like Alice in Wonderland sometimes, (without the dress).

    Yup Ross same here, that's why we are here. To start networking and overcome some of our obstacles and questions. I been reading books, watch videos attending seminars, and now I found this site, which is great.

    Texas is good city to invest a lot of jobs and oil here.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jesse Castro:

    welcome! Good luck in your endeavors !

    Thank you!

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 242 posts · 81 votes
    11y

    @David Daniels Welcome to BiggerPockets David! I'm in the Houston Heights also. I specialize in wholesale and am looking to break into buy and holds of rentals. You're going to love it here if you participate. Be sure to listen to BiggerPockets podcast for great info and attend the webinars that @Brandon Turner puts on. 

    We have a BiggerPockets meet up coming up next Thursday and you should attend:

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/165...

    It's going to be at Mongoose vs Cobra at 6:30pm more specific info here http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/165886-houston-meetup---january-29-2015?page=1#p1140847

    Anyway, let me know if you need any help or have any questions.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Tim Shin:

    @David Daniels Welcome to BiggerPockets David! I'm in the Houston Heights also. I specialize in wholesale and am looking to break into buy and holds of rentals. You're going to love it here if you participate. Be sure to listen to BiggerPockets podcast for great info and attend the webinars that @Brandon Turner puts on. 

    We have a BiggerPockets meet up coming up next Thursday and you should attend:

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/165...

    It's going to be at Mongoose vs Cobra at 6:30pm more specific info here http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/165886-houston-meetup---january-29-2015?page=1#p1140847

    Anyway, let me know if you need any help or have any questions.

    thank you Tim for the heads up im actually going to be off work today due to bad weather, im going to try and make it. I just notice the podcast in my control bar going to check it out for sure also.

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 242 posts · 81 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @David Daniels:
    Originally posted by @Tim Shin:

    @David Daniels Welcome to BiggerPockets David! I'm in the Houston Heights also. I specialize in wholesale and am looking to break into buy and holds of rentals. You're going to love it here if you participate. Be sure to listen to BiggerPockets podcast for great info and attend the webinars that @Brandon Turner puts on. 

    We have a BiggerPockets meet up coming up next Thursday and you should attend:

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/165...

    It's going to be at Mongoose vs Cobra at 6:30pm more specific info here http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/165886-houston-meetup---january-29-2015?page=1#p1140847

    Anyway, let me know if you need any help or have any questions.

    thank you Tim for the heads up im actually going to be off work today due to bad weather, im going to try and make it. I just notice the podcast in my control bar going to check it out for sure also.

     Hey David, sounds good! But I mean to say the meetup is next week on January 29!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.