I want to get involved in Las Vegas

I want to get involved in Las Vegas

Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 9 votes

Greetings,

My wife and I moved to Vegas about 2 years ago.  We've been finding real estate investing a little different out here (came from SF Bay Area).  Then we discovered Bigger Pockets and it's been super inspiring.

currently we have a couple properties we are holding for cashflow in CA and we are in the middle of flipping a property in Vegas (our first flip ever).

We are currently looking for the right business model to approach vegas investing with.  Our goal has been to buy and hold... as soon as we find a deal with a return worth holding --which is always the hard part, right? :) 

We also just discovered the Outback investment club here in Vegas and it looks really promising. 

One question:  I listened to a lot of audiobooks and podcasts on my commute.  I listened to a bunch of BiggerPockets podcasts and I love the book recommendation.  I got inspired and I went through all of the podcast show-notes and put all the book recommendations into a spreadsheet, then compiled them down and sorted them by the number of time each book was recommended.  It's basically my new prioritized 'to-read' list and, so far, it's been hit after hit.  Is this something others would be interested in?  should I post it somewhere?  I don't really know my way around the forums here yet and didn't want to post it in the wrong place.

Thanks! I look forward to meeting and working with everyone!

~Danny

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
11y

@Daniel Burbol 

  There is no cash flow in California  ( at least that is what many say )  Just kidding.

I like Vegas personally.. and I think there is some nice opp's there..

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Daniel Burbol welcome to the site.

    please post your list, sounds like an awesome idea.

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    11y

    @Daniel Burbol 

    Hi and welcome to BP!  It sounds like your list would indeed be useful.

  • Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Welcome to BP and good luck. 

    Good deals, 

    Eddie 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @Daniel Burbol 

      There is no cash flow in California  ( at least that is what many say )  Just kidding.

    I like Vegas personally.. and I think there is some nice opp's there..

  • Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to bp! Vegas looks great for opportunities. I really think the historical district has some long term potential and or vrbo built in as is. I plan on revisiting that idea later this year. Summerlin looks like a winner area as well. 

  • Investor · Ukiah, CA · Member since 2014 · 196 posts · 83 votes
    11y

    @Daniel Burbol, I'd love too get your reading list compilation. On my goal list this year to read at least 20 re books. I believe you can upload it to the file space area. 

    Good luck in Vegas. Big risks, big rewards, that would be my quick take. 

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    wow, thanks for the warm welcome! :)

    I just cleaned up the book list and put it on my blog. It's 150 books!

    Here are the top five.

    Times Mentioned on BP Podcasts - Book Title
    39 - Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
    29 - The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
    25 - The E-Myth and/or The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
    11 - Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
    11 - The Book on Flipping Houses by J Scott

    I didn't want to spam 150 books in here, so the full list is on my blog:

    http://www.dannyburbol.com/2015/01/top-investment-...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.