Newbie from Seattle, Washington!

Newbie from Seattle, Washington!

Involved In Real Estate · Bothell, WA · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 2 votes

Hello All!

Detailed profile to come shortly, just wanted to register quickly to get started on this crazy cool site!  My name is Darren and I'm a novice real estate investor, I recently became an agent to expand my network and knowledge base.

Between 1998 and 2009, I've done (3) flips, (1) new residential multi family construction, several small remodels and full water damage restorations. I also rented out my previous primary resident for 2 years before eventually selling.

My goal is to expand on my past experience to do 4-5 flip deals and aquire 1-2 rentals per year for the next 5 years. My long term goal is to become a hard money lender, continue to grow my brand while giving back to the community.

Look forward to the journey...

0Reply
45 views

Most Popular Reply

Property Manager · Renton, WA · Member since 2014 · 81 posts · 20 votes
11y
Welcome to biggerpockets! Always good to hear from a fellow Washington resident. I'd love to hear the details on the new construction multi-family you did.
See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Insurance Agent · AZ · Member since 2013 · 306 posts · 161 votes
    11y

    @Darren Mills You are very welcome for the information. Hey, it's not a bad thing to know all the key players at the City Planning Dept! Seriously though, it sounds like a lot of work, BUT it will be a great payoff for you to have your dream home! Kudos to you and all of the knowledge you are gaining from the experience too!

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome @Darren Mills from a few hours east (on the sunny side:)! 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 54 posts · 19 votes
    11y

    HI Darren! Welcome to the site! 

  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    @Micahel - thank you for the colleague request! Do you have any suggestions for good local REIA clubs?

    You bet! I joined REAPS in December and have been really impressed with the energy of the members, organization of events, the speakers they've lined up, etc.

  • Investor / Lender · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 730 votes
    11y

    Hi @Darren Mills ,

    REAPS and REIAWA are two of the biggest names in this state, but there are some other groups/meetups/events in the area that are very beneficial. I usually get more out of the satellite meetings than the main meetings for the big REI clubs, mostly because of the smaller size. Bigger isn't always better, especially for networking and actually getting to know people. But you should check them all out to see for yourself.

    Here's a couple of the smaller meetups that I've enjoyed going to regularly:
    http://www.meetup.com/SnoCo-Connected-Real-Estate-... (there's a meeting happening tomorrow!)
    http://www.meetup.com/Puget-Sound-Real-Estate-Inve... (there's a special event they're hosting this Saturday)

    Always nice to hear from another investor in the area.  I've met a lot of investors from West Seattle in the past couple months.  I'm close by in Burien :-)

  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2013 · 68 posts · 16 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP, Darren.  I work in Bellevue, so let me know if you are in town. I will buy you coffee. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.