New Member in Burbank, Ca. Looking to get the Ball Rolling

New Member in Burbank, Ca. Looking to get the Ball Rolling

Canyon Country, CA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 7 votes

I can honestly say that I would like to try all parts of REI.

I feel that wholesaling and getting some CPA's are my main focus. I'm in Southern California, so I think wholesaling here could be nice. Hopefully build up enough know-how and courage to try fix and flips.

I'm already looking into Ohio where I have family, to begin acquiring my CPA's. Plus it helps that the price of property out there is a lot better.

Lastly, I'm just happy to be apart of a community that seems to be behind me in all phases of my new journey as an Investor. It's great to know that if I have any questions, that there are countless people in the community with all different levels of experience waiting to give some guidance.

2Reply
6 views

19 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Brandon Travillion 

    welcome to the site. What part of Ohio do you have family in?

  • Canyon Country, CA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    @James Wise my family is in Columbus, Ohio

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 166 posts · 19 votes
    11y

    Welcome! I'm from Glendale so we're neighbors :)

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 49 posts · 27 votes
    11y

    Welcome @Brandon Travillion 

    We love the Burbank area and have been looking to invest there so if you do have wholesale leads I'd love to talk. If you are looking to network or need any help with anything PM me.

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 804 posts · 230 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP, the right place to be.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP community @Brandon Travillion  It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

    Wishing you the best! 

  • Canyon Country, CA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    @Sebastia H. Thanks and hello neighbor 

  • Canyon Country, CA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    @Jeff West thank you and I'm sure I'll be reaching out to you very soon.

  • Canyon Country, CA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    @Joe Moore Thank you, I am beginning to notice that. 

  • Canyon Country, CA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    @Dmitriy Fomichenko Thank you, I plan on taking advantage of the meetups, I've already started listening to some of the Podcast, which are great. My alerts are set and I plan on reading the guide as soon as I finish Rich Dad, Poor Dad.

  • Specialist · Sibley, LA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 190 votes
    11y

    @Brandon Travillion Wholesaling is the best place to start. This what I encourage all people who are just starting out is to get your feet wet first. Good luck bro

    Here is some great REI marketing blog posts to help you get the ball rolling

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/author/antoniocoleman/

  • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 785 posts · 190 votes
    11y

    welcome! This is a really knowledgeable community :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Glendale, CA · Member since 2013 · 685 posts · 334 votes
    11y

    greeting!

    Welcome to the forum. A lot of educational tools and knowledgable people - take advantage of both.

    If you run into any 4 units in Burbank, or the surrounding SFV, please keep me in mind!

    Good luck!

  • Canyon Country, CA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    11y
    Thanks Antonio Coleman I will definitely check this out
  • Canyon Country, CA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    11y
    David G thank you, I'll keep you in mind When, I do run across those, which I know I will do.
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2014 · 171 posts · 116 votes
    11y

    welcome to bp!

  • Canyon Country, CA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    11y
    Thank you Nicholas Miller
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2012 · 771 posts · 252 votes
    11y

    @Brandon Travillion 

    Welcome to the forums.

  • Canyon Country, CA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    @C. Timothy Murphy III Thank you

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.