Falls Church, VA · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 1 vote
Hi guys! I'm Kat from Falls Church!
I'm a licensed real estate agent who's looking to get into Real Estate Wholesaling and eventually into Apartment Investing for long term wealth.
I used to work as the right hand girl for a large developer in the Alexandria area and I had a first look into the commercial side of business then! And, it was awesome!
Look forward to looking networking with some people here on BP and getting out there!
Anyone know of any mentors?
I'm getting right in it and trying out cold calling tomorrow first thing! Woop Woop!
Investor · Aiken, SC · Member since 2014 · 398 posts · 120 votes
11y
@Katherine Aguilarwelcome to BP. Don't know any in NOVA, I have found the podcast & forum do a pretty good job of being a virtual mentor & I have learned a ton from the contacts that I have made on here & in my day to day REI.
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
11y
Hey @Katherine Aguilar thanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have you here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success.
Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers).
You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.
Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over