Homestead, FL · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 1 vote
Hello all my name is Jess Herron. Currently living in NJ but I want to buy rental properties in FL because I have family there that would help with maintenance and repairs. I do have the necessary deposit for my budget (which is about 80 to 100,000) but my issue at the moment is employment. It's only an issue because I've been out of the Marine Corps for about six months and I wanted to get settled into University. My fear is I won't be able to get approved for any loans for that gap in employment.
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
11y
Hey @Jess Herronthanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have you here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success. Also - here's a couple articles you might enjoy:
Hi and welcome to BP! If you can't get conventional lending, consider becoming the lender. Private lending can earn you 10-12% easily, just make sure you do your due diligence.
Wholesale allows you to lock up properties without an income and sell for a profit is what @Robert Skulkais getting at.
It's not exactly your buy and hold to rent strategy, but it can get you there if you save your profits and reinvest into a property you would like to hold. Plus you don't have to wait on the sidelines until a lender calls you into the game!