Do-Over Investor "Version 2.0" - SF Bay Area California

Do-Over Investor "Version 2.0" - SF Bay Area California

Investor · Livermore, CA · Member since 2015 · 122 posts · 36 votes

Hey everyone!  I couldn't honestly call myself a newbie....I've been "investing" for over 18 years. In 2005 I was able to leverage the equity from the sell of a rental property to start my current business.  That was probably one of the best moves I ever made.  Then 2007-2008 hit and my real estate investing strategy (equity appreciation only) failed me, and I lost all but my primary residence. 

So after swearing off real estate for several years, I'm back and more "educated" than ever.

I'm starting to invest in Indianapolis.   I've invested out of state before and while it has its challenges, I enjoyed it.  I am still working on building my team in Indy and looking for good contractors and  realtors. My main objective is to turn good deals quickly (is this possible without doing major rehab?) and then find Great deals and hold.  Totally open to JVs and or other opportunities.   Work well with others and I feel collaboration is always more beneficial than competition.

My other job when I'm not investing and running a large-scale business is that of a wife of a police officer, mom of two awesome sons, backyard chicken farmer and city beekeeper.  We travel quite a bit now, and we are just loving life.  

My favorite saying, "Great things never came from Comfort Zones."

Looking forward to meeting ALL of you!!!  

Cheers, 

Makenzie

3Reply
6 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Chino, CA · Member since 2014 · 76 posts · 30 votes
    11y

    Congrats on getting back into the game, @Makenzie Kelly!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Hey @Makenzie Kelly thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself! Looks like you have some good experience with real estate! Don't be afraid to jump in and help answer questions or ask some of your own.

    Have you setup your "Keyword Alerts" yet? If not - definitely add some. I'd recommend adding "Livermore" so you'll be notified when people talk about your local area.

    Welcome Makenzie!

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    11y

    @Makenzie Kelly

    Hi and welcome back to the world of REI and to BP! Sounds like your Indy investments are focused on cash flow, a safer way to go in my view.

  • Real Estate Broker & Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2012 · 218 posts · 83 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Makenzie Kelly:

    Hey everyone!  I couldn't honestly call myself a newbie....I've been "investing" for over 18 years. In 2005 I was able to leverage the equity from the sell of a rental property to start my current business.  That was probably one of the best moves I ever made.  Then 2007-2008 hit and my real estate investing strategy (equity appreciation only) failed me, and I lost all but my primary residence. 

    So after swearing off real estate for several years, I'm back and more "educated" than ever.

    I'm starting to invest in Indianapolis.   I've invested out of state before and while it has its challenges, I enjoyed it.  I am still working on building my team in Indy and looking for good contractors and  realtors. My main objective is to turn good deals quickly (is this possible without doing major rehab?) and then find Great deals and hold.  Totally open to JVs and or other opportunities.   Work well with others and I feel collaboration is always more beneficial than competition.

    My other job when I'm not investing and running a large-scale business is that of a wife of a police officer, mom of two awesome sons, backyard chicken farmer and city beekeeper.  We travel quite a bit now, and we are just loving life.  

    My favorite saying, "Great things never came from Comfort Zones."

    Looking forward to meeting ALL of you!!!  

    Cheers, 

    Makenzie

     Welcome back Makenzie. A lot of us took some lumps during that period. I've stuck with it here in Indy, and it's worked out well, and continues to. 

    Would like to chat about what you are doing here in Indy, and where you are going.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.