Newbie from Seattle area in Washington State

Newbie from Seattle area in Washington State

Bluffton SC · Member since 2015 · 199 posts · 55 votes

My name is Julian. I don't have a lot of background in real estate other than having bought three houses as primary residences over the years. I'm originally from Belfast, Northern Ireland but have been living stateside for almost 20 years. I moved here to work for an aerospace company in the Northwest on a 6 month contract and never left. I joined bigger pockets a few weeks ago after a friend referred me and after reading lots and lots and listening to a lot of the podcasts I figured it was time to introduce myself. 

At first I had no idea what direction I wanted to go in REI but I think I've narrowed my focus a bit. I'm leaning more towards notes buying and buy and hold cash flows. Not too interested in wholesaling or flips. I have quite a bit of equity in my primary residence that I plan to use for purchasing rentals and I have quite a bit of savings in my retirement account that I can use for note buying. I'm more interested in generating passive income while still working my day job than getting my hands dirty on a building site. At least in the beginning.

So, hello everyone. It's nice to be here.

Cheers,

Julian

2Reply
100 views

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tukwila · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hi Julian, I am also located very near you just north of Seattle in Edmonds. I am about to get started soon in buying rental properties in the Lynnwood Everett location or either in Florida like so many people do. Hope to cross paths sometime! 

    Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.