Hello, Louisiana Investor Stepping Into The Arena!

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Shreveport, LA · Member since 2012 · 311 posts · 58 votes
    11y

    Welcome Derrell. Read, ask questions and fully immerse yourself in the BP community. 

  • Investor · Miami Lakes, FL · Member since 2015 · 65 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    @Derrell Malone

    Greetings from Miami, FL and welcome to the BiggerPockets community! I highly recommend that you check out ALL of the BP podcasts because they contain a lot of valuable and insightful information that will help you expand your business. Have a good one!

  • Realtor · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2011 · 297 posts · 175 votes
    11y

    what part of Louisiana?

  • Mandeville, LA · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thanks guy's! I live in Covington, LA. I will for sure listen to the podcasts.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Hey @Derrell Malone welcome to BiggerPockets! You've definitely come to the right place to learn more about investing. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and The BiggerPockets Podcast. They are both great at learning the fundamentals.

    Oh - and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts!

    See you around the site!

  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 359 posts · 158 votes
    11y

    I heard good things about la. What ate your goals? 

  • Mandeville, LA · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thanks! 

    Brandon Turner

    Josh Bakhshi

    My short term goals are building a network, team, and attempting a deal with 45 days.

  • Mandeville, LA · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Derrell, I am new to BiggerPockets in the last year but see that you posted here about 3 years ago.  I am originally from New Orleans, and moved to Mandeville and then Covington, La.  Sounds like you are also from Saint Tammany Parish.  I am also a Navy Reserve officer and Judge Advocate (JAG) and occasionally move to accept assignments, then come back home.  Right now, I am in Northern Virginia working at the Pentagon.  I've been an active real estate investor since late 2013.  Please read my bio/background on BiggerPockets for more and feel free to connect on LinkedIn.  My LinkedIn link is on my BiggerPockets profile.  I am active in owning, developing and lending in opportunities in which I also participate.  Best, Chris

  • Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 148 votes
    8y
    Christopher Mora welcome to Bigger Pockets! I'm not sure if the original post is still active but I'm glad you still replied. Are you still actively investing in St. Tammany Parish area? I'm an investor and wholesaler in that area now. Always great to connect with others in the area!
  • Rental Property Investor · Covington, LA · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 17 votes
    8y

    @Derrell Malone

    Hey Derrell...you've come to the right place.  Plenty of experienced folks on here that are willing to help you along your path.

    I'm out of the covington/mandeville as well.  You should attend our next meetup that was started on Bigger Pockets.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 880 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP @derrel

    @Derrell Malone! You're in the right place to learn about REI. Make sure you check out the podcast, it's a great resource!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.