Brand New - DC Metro, Baltimore, Frederick MD

Brand New - DC Metro, Baltimore, Frederick MD

Rockville, MD · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 2 votes

Hello all,

I am very excited to finally be starting an account here on bigger pockets. I was recommended the podcast and have been listening non-stop. I am now making my profile here on BP!

I am a project manager for a remodeling company in Washington DC, and have the knowledge and experience in the construction/trades field. I also love Real Estate and have been wanting to get into the Real Estate investing field for a few years now. Time to go for it and grow my network.

I thank everyone in advance for the mentoring, networking, and general assistance. If I can be of assistance to anyone as well please feel free to let me know

Thanks,

Phil

2Reply
36 views

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Philip McTighe

    Welcome to the site. That background is going to be very beneficial in your RE investeing carreer.

  • Investor · Frederick, MD · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    Hi Philip and Welcome to BP.  I am local to Frederick myself and this site has been a great resource.

  • Investor · Vienna, VA · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Hi Phil I just joined the site yesterday myself. I live in Vienna VA and am concentrating on Baltimore City for investing in rehabbed row houses.

    best regards,

    jeff

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Washington, Washington D.C. · Member since 2013 · 150 posts · 77 votes
    11y

    Hey Philip,

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!  You're background in remodeling project management is going to prove invaluable to you as you grow in your real estate investing career.  Your know-how when it comes to how to plan and execute a renovation project and contractor points of contact are going to make it a lot easier for you to get into any real estate deal that requires renovation.  

    Good luck to you!

    -Rob

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Hey @Philip McTighe welcome to BP! I'm glad you're enjoying the podcast. You should definitely start jumping right in the forums! Also, if you haven't yet, try to setup some "Keyword Alerts." It's great for getting into local conversations.

    See you around the site!

  • Real Estate Investor · Hagerstown, MD · Member since 2013 · 276 posts · 107 votes
    11y
    Philip McTighe I see you mentioned Frederick, do you have any projects going on up here right now?
  • Real Estate Investor · Reston, VA · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Welcome and good luck @Philip McTighe!

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 209 posts · 56 votes
    11y

    Hey Phil,

    Another Frederick guy here. Welcome to the site!

  • Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hi Phil,

    Welcome to BP.  I'm Gaithersburg MD and new to real estate investing.  Welcome to BP.

  • Investor · Newark, DE · Member since 2015 · 248 posts · 178 votes
    11y

    @Philip McTighe, Welcome to BP, I just signed up last Friday. Good luck on your endeavors and much success!! My investment track is going be in Notes, performing and Non performing. 

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP family @Philip McTighe It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. 

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Wishing you the best! 

  • Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 67 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    @Philip McTighe Welcome to BP!  Happy Investing!

  • Realtor · Coral Springs, FL · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    11y
    Philip McTighe hi Philip. I'm from the Dc metro area as well. I'm a real estate agent in Virginia. Welcome to bigger pockets. I'm looking to get into rehabs and rentals myself. Are you attending any REIA meetings yet?
  • Rockville, MD · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Hi @kristacampbell thanks for the message. 

    I have not attended any REIA meetings yet.

  • Rockville, MD · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Hi @Philip E. Thanks for the message.

  • Rockville, MD · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Hi @Dmitriy Fomichenko I appreciate the message and the additional info!

  • Rockville, MD · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Hi @Shawn Dandridge Thanks for the message. Maybe we could do some deals together at some point

  • Rockville, MD · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Hey @Mike Webb I actually dont have any projects going on anywhere at the moment, but I would love to get one started. Do you have any in Frederick going on?

  • Rockville, MD · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Hey @Jeffrey Goers I appreciate the message. Maybe we could do business together in B-more at some point. Cheers!

  • Rockville, MD · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Hey @James Wise thanks for the message. If you ever are interested I would be happy to be interested in helping you out.

    Thanks

  • Rockville, MD · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Hey @Robert Williams thanks for the message and words of encouragement. As an agent Im sure your career is also helpful. Maybe we can help each other find some deals. Look forward to hearing from you

  • Real Estate Investor · Hagerstown, MD · Member since 2013 · 276 posts · 107 votes
    11y

    @Philip McTighe, not yet but have one coming up soon.

  • Rockville, MD · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Mike Webb Thats awesome! Good Luck! I look forward to hearing about it. And if you need any help with anything please feel free to let me know.

  • Contractor · Rockville, MD · Member since 2014 · 423 posts · 135 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Philip McTighe:

    Hi @kristacampbell thanks for the message. 

    I have not attended any REIA meetings yet.

     Come join us at the Gaithersburg meetup on May 12!  Details in the meetup section.

  • Rockville, MD · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Marc M. Awesome! I will def look at the Details Section. Thanks

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.