Newbie in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Newbie in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Peyton H.Pro Member
Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 4 votes

I am brand new to investing and looking to get started in Baton Rouge. I am originally from Atlanta, GA (Marietta) and moved to Baton Rouge to go to school at LSU. I graduated from LSU in May '14 in construction management and have been working for a large home builder in the Louisiana area ever since. 

I am currently looking to buy a single family home with a FHA loan in BR, and rent the remaining rooms out to my friends as my first real estate investment property. I knew absolutely nothing about real estate investing when I decided to try and do this a couple months ago. I then stumbled upon Bigger Pockets while trying to educate myself and have been hooked ever since. The podcasts and info on the website are incredibly helpful.

Looking forward to connecting! Thanks for reading my post. 

1Reply
11 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Fairfield-New Haven-Hartford County, CT · Member since 2013 · 825 posts · 413 votes
    11y

    Welcome @Peyton H.! Great to have you, and just about everything you need to know you can find on BP, and/or ask in the forums. Looking forward to hearing your success stories.

  • Investor · Lafayette/Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 915 votes
    11y
    Welcome to BP Peyton Harm ! You are starting with a pretty well suited education and career field to set yourself up nicely for investing. The contacts you make in the trades will be invaluable in the future! Look up "The RING" on meet up .com to network with Baton Rouge area REI. There's a meeting coming up soon. Hope to see you there!
  • Architect · West Monroe, LA · Member since 2014 · 137 posts · 16 votes
    11y

    @Peyton H.

    Welcome to the BP community. All the best.

  • Peyton H.Pro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Thank you @Jonathan Makovsky

    Thank you @Robert Leonard looking forward to connecting

    Thank you @George Kelley

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 114 votes
    11y

    Hi @Peyton H.!

    Welcome to biggerpockets!

    All the best on your real estate venture!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.