Hello BP! - New from San Diego, CA - Ready to INVEST!

Hello BP! - New from San Diego, CA - Ready to INVEST!

Real Estate Agent · El Cajon, CA · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 35 votes

Hello BiggerPockets Friends,

My name is Anthony, I'm new to BP and new to investing. I'm a Realtor (got my license in 2014) from San Diego and also a property manager. I've been fascinated about Real Estate since I've been a kid. I love that earning potential is limitless. I bought my first property, a condo, when I was 18 as a rental and then at 28, I purchased my primary residence. I've been looking for another property to buy and hold but I feel like I should be doing it at a faster pace. I want to be a successful investor and one day give advice to newbie investors like myself. I know Rome wasn't built over night, just like I know successful investing isn't built overnight but I'm ready to dive in and start building. I read a lot of posts and I know this is a great place to start. I'm more of a hands on type of learner and even though I know there is a bunch of content on this site, which is great, I feel like shadowing a successful investor and do exactly what he or she does, will get me where I want to be quicker and with less mistakes but I will first start with the reading and podcasts. I'm excited that there such a great site like BiggerPockets and I look forwarding to building my dream and meeting new people!

Anthony

2Reply
44 views

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Naperville, IL · Member since 2013 · 402 posts · 177 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP @Anthony D'Angelo you are def. in the right place!!

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @Anthony D'Angelo

    Welcome. 

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers).

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul

  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Anthony D'Angelo

    Welcome to Biggerpockets. Great to have you here. 

    BiggerPockets
  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 804 posts · 230 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP family.  This is a great place with great resources that will help you to  become a highly successful real estate investor.  Wishing you all the best.

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Anthony D'Angelo

    BP is full of useful resources. Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community-be sure to check out all the awesome BP blogs under “Learn.”

  • Lender · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 664 posts · 231 votes
    11y

    Welcome to the BP site @Anthony D'Angelo. Get involved with the local real estate clubs. You might find a mentor there. All of the local clubs are on Meetup.com

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 290 posts · 80 votes
    11y

    Welcome Anthony. The local REI clubs are a great resource to find like-minded investors in addition to BP. Also set your keyword alerts, we had a BP meetup in Kearny Mesa a couple of weeks ago; more to hopefully follow.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP community @Anthony D'Angelo It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. 

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select that person below. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP Nation, @Anthony D'Angelo!

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 78 posts · 40 votes
    11y

    @Anthony D'Angelo- Welcome. I did what you are looking to do. I got on BP and found a team to connect with and began learning hands on. Truly the best way to learn. Keep posting and reaching out to grow your network. It will pay off. 

  • Real Estate Agent · El Cajon, CA · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 35 votes
    11y

    Thank you for welcoming me and the advice, I appreciate it! @Josh Mitchell

     @Paul Timmins

  • Real Estate Agent · El Cajon, CA · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 35 votes
    11y

    Thank you @Isaac Guzman

     Yeah I know what you mean, you could read 100s and 1000s of books, posts, podcasts but nothing is like hands on to learn. It would make it so much easier to shadow someone who has done it and been successful so they teach me step by step and I could follow their success path.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.