New Investor from SF Bay Area

New Investor from SF Bay Area

Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2015 · 64 posts · 26 votes

Good morning!

My name is Rollan from San Jose, CA and excited to have access to the wealth of information and contacts on this website. Though I have 3 homes myself, none of them were meant to be "investments", but after listening to Matt Thierault from Epic Real Estate Podcasts, it's now the right time to convert this real estate into streams of income. I am in the midst of converting my former primary SFR in Tracy, CA into a rental; my highrise condominium in Global City, Philippines (bought in 2008 for 50K is now worth 150K) is actually already cash flowing net about 500/month since using Airbnb last year.

Matt's adage of "live where you want and invest where it makes sense" struck a cord with me.  In hindsight, I didn't invest in a lot of real estate because everything in CA is so expensive. With the help of Matt's team, I am now in contract to buy 2 properties in Birmingham, AL, and in the hunt for a 3rd (preferrable a duplex or fourplex to diversify my holdings). I will be primarily a buy and hold investor very interested in turnkey rentals as I am very busy but enjoy my job as a Private Wealth Manager.

I look forward to connecting with many of you here. If you are in the SF/San Jose Bay Area, do let me know if you have occasional "meet ups" as I would like to joint like minded investors.

CHARGE!!!!

2Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Johnson H.Pro Member
Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
11y

Hi Rolland, welcome to BP! Join us for a meetup if you can. Details in my signature below!

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Rollan Dizon

    Welcome to the BP community. You will find alot of good information here. Make sure to view the BP blogs under "Learn."

  • Birmingham, AL · Member since 2013 · 149 posts · 44 votes
    11y

    @Rollan DizonWelcome! Let me know if I can be of assistance in the Birmingham area.

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2015 · 64 posts · 26 votes
    11y

    thank you Jonathan, I will certainly reach out!

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2015 · 214 posts · 49 votes
    11y

    HI Rollan.

    I'm new also, but no where near your progress. I'm just starting. I'm also in San Jose and looking to buy and hold and rentals. Maybe we could connect at some point. 

    Gary

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2015 · 64 posts · 26 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Gary F.: for sure! We should get a group. I can host at the Silicon Valley Capital Club.

    HI Rollan.

    I'm new also, but no where near your progress. I'm just starting. I'm also in San Jose and looking to buy and hold and rentals. Maybe we could connect at some point. 

    Gary

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2015 · 214 posts · 49 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Rollan Dizon:
    Originally posted by @Gary F.: for sure! We should get a group. I can host at the Silicon Valley Capital Club.

    HI Rollan.

    I'm new also, but no where near your progress. I'm just starting. I'm also in San Jose and looking to buy and hold and rentals. Maybe we could connect at some point. 

    Gary

     Excellent!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP @Rollan Dizon Find and network with local investors using find feature! http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Also, be sure to set up “keyword alerts” to notify the topics that interest you. 

    All the best to you!

  • Residential Real Estate Agent, Investor and Mentor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2013 · 257 posts · 61 votes
    11y

    @Rollan Dizon welcome to BP!  We work with a few investors from your area and it sounds like we have some connections in common as well. Please reach out if I can be of assistance. 

  • Investor · Trabuco Canyon, CA · Member since 2015 · 40 posts · 35 votes
    11y

    Hi Rollan,

    I live on the south side of Cali and yes it is expensive in the Golden State.  I'm following the same path as yourself...turnkey in more affordable markets.  Currently investing in OKC and looking into Dallas and KC.

    Best of luck!!

    Gil

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2015 · 64 posts · 26 votes
    11y

    Thank you Gil! We should compare notes sometime...

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Rollan Dizon

    Welcome to the site. Good luck with those new rentals your buying.

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    11y

    Hi Rolland, welcome to BP! Join us for a meetup if you can. Details in my signature below!

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2015 · 64 posts · 26 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Johnson H.:

    Hi Rolland, welcome to BP! Join us for a meetup if you can. Details in my signature below!

     Johnson, is that June 7? 

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Rollan Dizon:
    Originally posted by @Johnson H.:

    Hi Rolland, welcome to BP! Join us for a meetup if you can. Details in my signature below!

     Johnson, is that June 7? 

     Oh no, that was the previous one. I haven't scheduled one for June yet. If you join the meetup group, you'll be automatically notified of the next meetup.  Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.