Aspiring real estate mogul from Vancouer, BC area

Aspiring real estate mogul from Vancouer, BC area

Investor · Burnaby, British Columbia · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 1 vote

Hello Bigger Pockets!

My name is Nathan and I have just been introduced to the world or real estate investing. Bigger Pockets is an amazing resource and I can't wait to take advantage of all that it has to offer.

From the little I know thus far, I want to start wholesaling and doing lease options before getting in to multi-family buy and hold.

I work as a software developer right now. Even though I enjoy my job, I look forward to the day I can quit and become a full time real estate investor.

1Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Vancouver, British Columbia · Member since 2014 · 122 posts · 26 votes
11y

hi @Nathan P. nice to see fellow BC folks.

BC is a great place for real estate which is seeing another spike now and making money. High outlay but high returns!

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Richmond, British Columbia · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Hello

    I am also from Vancouver BC.  I am also at tge starting stage hopefully we can help each other out to become investors. I am in interior decoration field. 

    Cheers

    Soroush

  • Investor · Burnaby, British Columbia · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Hi Soroush,

    Great to meet another local. Have you joined any local REI groups or meetups?

  • Developer · Vancouver, British Columbia · Member since 2014 · 122 posts · 26 votes
    11y

    hi @Nathan P. nice to see fellow BC folks.

    BC is a great place for real estate which is seeing another spike now and making money. High outlay but high returns!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP community @Nathan P. It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select that person below. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best! 

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Nathan P.

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets community. You will find all kinds of useful information under “Learn.”

  • Real Estate Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2013 · 301 posts · 112 votes
    11y

    Welcome to the BP community! There is a ton of great info here. 

  • Surrey, BC · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Hi Nathan,

    I am from Surrey BC and I go to the Synergy REIC (used to be called Surrey REIC). You can find it on meetup. I've just started going again and they have lots of great speakers :)

    Hope to see you there!

    Demi

  • Surrey, BC · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    there are some in Vancouver too I'm sure you can find

  • Investor · Burnaby, British Columbia · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    11y
    Originally posted by @Pawan J.:

    BC is a great place for real estate which is seeing another spike now and making money. High outlay but high returns!

    Yeah prices are pretty high around here. If the returns are just as high, I can live with that

  • Investor · Burnaby, British Columbia · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    @Dmitriy Fomichenko, @Mark Nolan, @Zoran M., thanks for the welcome and tips guys.

  • Investor · Burnaby, British Columbia · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    11y
    Originally posted by @Demi Rae Morris:

    Hi Nathan,

    I am from Surrey BC and I go to the Synergy REIC (used to be called Surrey REIC). You can find it on meetup. I've just started going again and they have lots of great speakers :)

    Hope to see you there!

    Demi

     Thanks, Demi. I found the meetup. It looks like a pretty good one to join.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.