New Investor living in Irving, Texas

New Investor living in Irving, Texas

Irving, TX · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 0 votes

Hello to my friendly BP’ers! 

My name is Charles Tucker and I am a lifer in the Dallas, Texas area. I am pursuing my dream of investing in real estate! I was originally introduced to real estate investing by the incredible Carlton Sheets. Remember him? I have seen many tapes, informercials, and reality shows and I still feel I don’t have all of the answers. I am looking to invest in real estate in the DFW area of Texas but, specifically in the cities of Mesquite, Irving, Greenville and even Spring, Texas. I know that is a wide range but, I have reasons for each of those areas.

Unless I'm able to get involved in multi-family properties right away, my goal is to fix & flip SFR's for about 2-3 years to create the capital I need to start buying & holding them for passive income. When I start holding SFR properties, my goal is to create lease-to-purchase opportunities (or other similar exit strategies) for those first time homebuyers and/or others trying to get back into homeownership that are unable to do so successfully using the more traditional manner. I am interested in tax liens and tax deeds but, I feel that strategy is a little farther down the line.

I am currently employed but I'm ready to be on my own since that job will not help me reach my goals. I created my LLC last year with hopes that will be the first of many challenging and successful steps. I came to know BP through a real estate investor from Austin who comes to the Dallas area often and I noticed some of his Facebook posts came from BP, so I had to check you out………and here I am! After experiencing a few webinars, reading the information and seeing the interaction from this site, I feel I can find the information and the successful people I need to help me complete any missing parts to my team and who can guide me to the success I am looking to become.

In closing, I usually carry around a quote from the late Casey Kasem with me to keep me grounded. He would close his radio shows with this quote, “Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.” My feet are on the ground. It’s time I reached for the stars!

Will you help me?? 

0Reply
11 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Charles Tucker

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. BP is full of resources. You will find resources here from blogs to pod casts and forums. You can also send messages to members which is my favorite part of the website.

  • Investor · Flower Mound, TX · Member since 2015 · 179 posts · 48 votes
    11y

    Great intro and welcome to BP!

  • Investor · Laguna Beach, CA · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    @Charles Tucker - great intro and welcome! I'm in a similar boat - transitioning out of the rat race. New to BP officially, but have been lurking for a bit in the background soaking up as much as I can. I'm relocating the the Arlington area to make the transition to RE full time..sticking to SFH and duplex/triplex for now. Would love to connect with you and other likeminded action takers in the DFW area.

    Best,

    Alex

  • Irving, TX · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Mark Nolan

    Thank you, Mark for being the first in the welcome wagon for me!!  I have been impressed with what I've seen in BP and I look forward to hearing and doing great things!

  • Irving, TX · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Alberto Camacho:

    Great intro and welcome to BP!

     Thank you very much, Albert!!

  • Irving, TX · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    11y
     @Monique Correia:

    Hey, Alex!!

    Welcome to BP and we welcome you to Texas! If you love the warm weather, we have plenty of it! I hope you have a save move and a successful transition!!

  • Professional · Frisco, TX · Member since 2013 · 28 posts · 18 votes
    11y

    @Charles Tucker

    One thing to consider is that it doesn't significantly more capital to get started in multifamily (5 units and above).  You just have to understand the debt options available and find the right partners to put the deals together.

  • Stockbridge, GA · Member since 2015 · 159 posts · 33 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Charles Tucker:

    Hello to my friendly BP’ers! 

    My name is Charles Tucker and I am a lifer in the Dallas, Texas area. I am pursuing my dream of investing in real estate! I was originally introduced to real estate investing by the incredible Carlton Sheets. Remember him? I have seen many tapes, informercials, and reality shows and I still feel I don’t have all of the answers. I am looking to invest in real estate in the DFW area of Texas but, specifically in the cities of Mesquite, Irving, Greenville and even Spring, Texas. I know that is a wide range but, I have reasons for each of those areas.

    Unless I'm able to get involved in multi-family properties right away, my goal is to fix & flip SFR's for about 2-3 years to create the capital I need to start buying & holding them for passive income. When I start holding SFR properties, my goal is to create lease-to-purchase opportunities (or other similar exit strategies) for those first time homebuyers and/or others trying to get back into homeownership that are unable to do so successfully using the more traditional manner. I am interested in tax liens and tax deeds but, I feel that strategy is a little farther down the line.

    I am currently employed but I'm ready to be on my own since that job will not help me reach my goals. I created my LLC last year with hopes that will be the first of many challenging and successful steps. I came to know BP through a real estate investor from Austin who comes to the Dallas area often and I noticed some of his Facebook posts came from BP, so I had to check you out………and here I am! After experiencing a few webinars, reading the information and seeing the interaction from this site, I feel I can find the information and the successful people I need to help me complete any missing parts to my team and who can guide me to the success I am looking to become.

    In closing, I usually carry around a quote from the late Casey Kasem with me to keep me grounded. He would close his radio shows with this quote, “Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.” My feet are on the ground. It’s time I reached for the stars!

    Will you help me?? 

     Hey Charles,

    Welcome to BP, you will certainly find an endless source of information. If you put in a strong effort, you achieve which ever goal you have set for yourself and family.

  • Irving, TX · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    11y
    @Gregory Guillet:

    Gregory, I appreciate the kind words!!  I will keep that in mind.
  • Irving, TX · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @James Eng:

    @Charles Tucker

    One thing to consider is that it doesn't significantly more capital to get started in multifamily (5 units and above).  You just have to understand the debt options available and find the right partners to put the deals together.

     James, thank you for the insight and I look forward to the challenges ahead!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.