New Member in Salem, Oregon

5 Replies

Hello, My name is Elijah Griffin.  I recently moved from Mobile, Alabama to Aurora, Oregon. I'm renting out my home in Alabama, and am looking to invest in more.  I am torn between house hacking my way into a Duplex here in Oregon, or buying more properties in Alabama.  I really know the area in Mobile, and would consider a partner on future investments.

I was shocked when I moved to Oregon how expensive the houses are out here.  I'm still learning a lot, and welcome anyone who would like to speak to me about my personal situation, how to plan to purchase more rental properties.

Welcome to BP! I am in Mobile, Al. so if you need anything around here then feel free to let me know. I am sure that house prices are a shock to you after having purchased in Mobile. I have seen what things sell for in other cities and can say that shock is an understatement. LOL!

Oregon is beautiful , I'm from Northern California and would love to come up there and start investing in properties. I'm a little timid because of the prices of homes both in California and Oregon . 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you