New Member from Mobile, Alabama - Addicted to the Podcasts!

New Member from Mobile, Alabama - Addicted to the Podcasts!

Property Manager · Mobile, AL · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 19 votes

Hey Guys/Gals,

My name is Lee Waldrop & I've been investing in residential real estate since 2011.  I currently focus on flipping houses in Mobile & Baldwin Counties of Alabama, close to the Gulf of Mexico.  I originally started buying/acquiring single family homes in Birmingham, AL before we moved to southern Alabama two years ago.  While in Birmingham I owned or controlled 27 houses/duplexes via long term lease options or seller financing, I didn't get one bank loan.   I am now slowly selling the Birmingham properties to contribute capital to my business down here.

I have recently started to get to basics, which is flipping/wholesaling single family & looking to hold multi family long term.  I don't think I'll get back into sandwich lease options, which I might write a post later about the pros & cons of my experience with sandwich lease options.  Eventually, I would like to have a large apartment portfolio & I'm currently looking for small apartment complexes to buy.  I am also a Realtor, which has been incredibly convenient to my investing.

I have probably listened to about 60 podcasts in two months!  They are awesome!  I finally made the jump to get started on BP, & hope to learn & contribute here on a regular basis.

Lee Waldrop

1Reply
16 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Agent, Investor and Mentor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2013 · 257 posts · 61 votes
    11y

    Hey Lee!  Good to see you on here and I'm glad to read thing are well for you in Mobile.  If I can help you up here you know you can always call.  Good luck to you

  • Vendor · Slidell, LA · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Hey Lee this is Miguel with Southern Remodeling and home Staging we do remodeling all over the coast from Louisiana and to Florida if you need a good team give us a call. Thank you

  • Wholesaler · Columbia, SC · Member since 2015 · 123 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    @Lee Waldrop, welcome to BP! I absolutely love this site...it's full of great information and wonderful people. Be sure to network with as many people as possible and continue to use the resources. 

    I'm an investor in Columbia, SC. Let's connect!

    Ashley J.

  • Investor · Daphne, AL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 242 votes
    11y
    We are in Baldwin County. I hope we can share information going forward. Good luck.
  • Property Manager · Mobile, AL · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 19 votes
    11y

    @J Benoit: Thanks, it's good to see a familiar name!  From what I hear you've been doing well in Birmingham.  I've been trying to make it to one of your meetups since I'm in Birmingham a good bit, but the schedule just hasn't worked out yet.  I'll catch up with you soon.  

  • Residential Real Estate Agent, Investor and Mentor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2013 · 257 posts · 61 votes
    11y

    Things have been rocking for sure!  Would love to connect the next time you are in town even if you can't make a meet up meeting.  Give me a shout

  • Property Manager · Mobile, AL · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 19 votes
    11y

    @Ashley Jackson:  Thank you!  I wish you the best in your real estate business!

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Lee Waldrop

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets community. Be sure to check out “Learn” for all kinds of useful resources and free how to guides.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.