Newbie wanting to start in Wichita, KS

Newbie wanting to start in Wichita, KS

Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello all I am wanting to learn how to be a real estate investor in Wichita, KS. I first got the erge to do this when I bought my own home and rented out a room to a friend I basically payed for utilities during the first 2 years. I want to find any advise in becoming a full time investor at at some point. I have read alot on here and other places, I would like to find great advise that will teach me what and what not to do. I have a passion for real estate, I have been studying for months and months on how to get started and bigger pockets seems like a great place to start. If you have any advise or articles I need to read for a great newbie student please leave a comment. Thank you for reading this and good luck to all. 

          Ben Jamison

0Reply
7 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor and Real Estate Agent · Maize, KS · Member since 2014 · 270 posts · 53 votes
    11y

    @Benjamin Jamison

    Wichita has been a great market for me and investing. Have you lined up your finances ? Are you ready to purchase ? Going through the process is where you truly start learning

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Benjamin Jamison

    BP is full of useful resources such as forums and blogs. Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community-be sure to check out all the awesome BP blogs under “Learn.”

  • Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2015 · 769 posts · 279 votes
    11y

    @Benjamin Jamison

    Welcome Benjamin -- BiggerPockets will be a great resource. One other suggestion would be to attend the local Wichita REIA meetings typically held once a month, first Saturday of the month, they are free -- just had one this past Saturday. Lots of good networking opportunities and information to be had by attending.

    Feel free to reach out with any questions and would be glad to help in any way.

    http://www.meetup.com/Wichita-Real-Estate-Investors/

  • Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thank you all for the information and I almost am in order to purchase within the next year I have a couple things I want paid off then I'm off to the races. I want to learn before I take the dive.

    I think I will have to check out one of those REIA meetings. That sounds interesting and it is nice to know Wichita is a good market. Where do most people find properties in wichita MLS or a wholesaler?

  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2010 · 239 posts · 110 votes
    11y

    @Benjamin Jamison yes check out your local real estate investor groups / meetings. . . besides BP that will be the other great resource for you!

    Find properties / opportunities everywhere you can including MLS, wholesalers, etc...

    Good luck in your REI endeavors!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.