Newbie wanting to start in Wichita, KS

5 Replies

Hello all I am wanting to learn how to be a real estate investor in Wichita, KS. I first got the erge to do this when I bought my own home and rented out a room to a friend I basically payed for utilities during the first 2 years. I want to find any advise in becoming a full time investor at at some point. I have read alot on here and other places, I would like to find great advise that will teach me what and what not to do. I have a passion for real estate, I have been studying for months and months on how to get started and bigger pockets seems like a great place to start. If you have any advise or articles I need to read for a great newbie student please leave a comment. Thank you for reading this and good luck to all. 

Ben Jamison

@Benjamin Jamison

Welcome Benjamin -- BiggerPockets will be a great resource. One other suggestion would be to attend the local Wichita REIA meetings typically held once a month, first Saturday of the month, they are free -- just had one this past Saturday. Lots of good networking opportunities and information to be had by attending.

Feel free to reach out with any questions and would be glad to help in any way.

http://www.meetup.com/Wichita-Real-Estate-Investors/

Thank you all for the information and I almost am in order to purchase within the next year I have a couple things I want paid off then I'm off to the races. I want to learn before I take the dive.

I think I will have to check out one of those REIA meetings. That sounds interesting and it is nice to know Wichita is a good market. Where do most people find properties in wichita MLS or a wholesaler?

@Benjamin Jamison yes check out your local real estate investor groups / meetings. . . besides BP that will be the other great resource for you!

Find properties / opportunities everywhere you can including MLS, wholesalers, etc...

Good luck in your REI endeavors!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you