New Member Mortgage Lender Indianapolis Indiana

New Member Mortgage Lender Indianapolis Indiana

Lender · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 107 posts · 36 votes

Married father of 2 girls (3 and 8 months.)

Bought first home when 22 on Land Contract.

Have been looking for months to start investing but am trying to follow Dave's Ramsey's plan to get rid of my debt.

I am a mortgage originator NMLS # 157855 for 1st Signature Lending NMLS# 27820. (Inserted for legal disclaimer not as an advertisement.)

I currently service IN, OH, FL and as such have seen a lot of different types of purchase contracts.

I am looking to switch from stock market investing to real estate.

My wife is scared to death. I am not.

Sellers seem to be liars.

I am discovering after all this time in mortgages and being a home owner that I know nothing.

I am break even on my home but the neighborhood sucks and any money I put in to improvements at this time could not be recouped at sale.

I am looking to learn.

I can offer extensive knowledge of mortgages so feel free to ask.

I know Indianapolis well and currently sit on two improvement/development boards and serve as my neighborhood block Captain and Vice President of Riverside Civic League.

Thank You,

Aleks Gifford NMLS # 157855 1st Signature Lending LLC NMLS # 27820 (Inserted for legal disclaimer not as an advertisement.)

1Reply
24 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · FL · Member since 2015 · 202 posts · 34 votes
    11y

    Hi @Aleks Gifford and welcome,

    We did the Dave Ramsey plan years ago and it got us back on the right track. We're now looking to moved our investment out of state (CA) and Indianapolis is one of the places we're looking at.

    Make sure to check out the 100+ podcasts under the "Learn" tab, great source for learning.

  • Lender · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 107 posts · 36 votes
    11y

    @Chris E. Indy is a great area. The downtown has long been neglected and abandoned but the last several years have really started to change it. I spend a lot of time roaming the community and will be glad to share any insights I can.

  • Folsom, CA · Member since 2015 · 94 posts · 19 votes
    11y

    Best of luck to you. 1st Signature Lending originated the loan for my first house when I was also 22. I had an awful time with them and was relieved when they sold my loan to Fifth Third. I hope things have improved since then.

  • Lender · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 107 posts · 36 votes
    11y

    @ethan They have. I came on board here because they are really top notch now. I currently am able to do a full gambit of products. In fact we are the only lender in the state that can do USDA Construction loans. I personally service all of my customers beginning to end and am available through the life of the loan.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome @Aleks Gifford it’s a pleasure to have you here! You will find this a tremendous resource for all of your real estate needs. You may want to set up some “keyword alerts” to notify the topics that interest you the most.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Real Estate Broker · Tipton, IN · Member since 2014 · 436 posts · 39 votes
    11y

    Welcome to the BP community @Aleks Gifford! 

    This is a great place to learn about all things real estate. Be sure to connect with other BP members and make some friends along the way. 

    I would also recommend joining the local REI group (INREIA or CIREIA), they meet up about once a month and are a good place to network/ learn from others like minded in and around the Indianapolis area.

    Best of luck in your REI endeavors, see you around the site!

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Aleks Gifford

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. BP is full of resources. You will find resources here from blogs to pod casts and forums. You can also send messages to members. This is one of my favorite features of Bigger Pockets especially for asking specific questions.

  • Lenexa, KS · Member since 2015 · 206 posts · 53 votes
    11y
    Howdy, you've come to the right place to learn that's for sure! Podcasts, askBP podcasts, recommended books (at the end of podcasts) are a great place to start. I would additionally reach out on BP for a seasoned pro in your area and take them to lunch. Best of luck, I hope this site is a blessing for you! See you around BP!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.