New Member In the Greater Nashville Area

New Member In the Greater Nashville Area

Property Manager · Murfreesboro, TN · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hello everyone, I'm a new member here at bigger pockets. I've joined with the hopes of gaining knowledge pertaining to the world of real estate, specifically rental properties, and for networking opportunities with members in the Middle Tennessee area and beyond. Does anyone have any tips as to where and how I should begin my journey into real estate? Thanks!

-David Merritt

1Reply
17 views

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @David Merritt

    Welcome to Biggerpockets. You got to the right place in learning more about real estate investing. Check out Learn where you can see you helpful How to's and podcasts. 

    BiggerPockets
  • Property Manager · Murfreesboro, TN · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Thanks for the tip Michael Sato! I've started reading the Ultimate Beginners Guide to Real Estate Investing.

    -David Merritt

  • Rental Property Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2011 · 701 posts · 531 votes
    11y
     @David Merritt:

    The beginners guide is great place to start.  Do your homework, learn the fundamentals and your networking experiences with experienced local investors will be much more fruitful. Welcome to BP and if you're ever in the Knoxville area give me a shout.

  • Lender · Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 335 posts · 24 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP, @David Merritt!

  • Investor · Gallatin, TN · Member since 2015 · 30 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    Welcome! I am also a new member from the Nashville area. It looks as though we are in about the same place in our REI journey!

  • Property Manager · Murfreesboro, TN · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    11y
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes! Christopher B. If I'm ever in Knoxville I would love to connect and pick your brain about real estate investing over some coffee. Brad Taylor , thanks for welcome! I hope we can both use BP as a tool to further ourselves in real estate and maybe even help each other along the way. -David Merritt
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP @David MerrittFind and network with local investors using find feature!http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Also, be sure to set up “keyword alerts” to notify the topics that interest you. 

    All the best to you!

  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 688 posts · 607 votes
    11y

    @David Merritt welcome to BP and the Nashville game. If you have any questions feel free to reach out 

  • Wholesaler · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 407 posts · 180 votes
    11y

    @David Merritt

    Hey David! Glad to have you. I am a wholesaler in Nashville TN. Send me your email in a message and I will add you to my list so you receive my deals. Also, I would definitely suggest going to the local REIN meetings here in Nashville, and especially the sub group called deals deals deals. Google REIN to find more info! 

    Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions!

  • Rental Property Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2011 · 701 posts · 531 votes
    11y
    @David Merritt:
    Sounds good man, anytime 
  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    11y

    Hey @David Merritt welcome to BiggerPockets! This is the perfect place to learn more about REI. You can check the Learn tab above to get some free resources on getting started.

    BiggerPockets
  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @David Merritt

    BP is full of useful resources such as forums and blogs. Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community-be sure to check out all the awesome BP blogs under “Learn.”

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.