Investor · Fort Morgan, CO · Member since 2015 · 40 posts · 9 votes
Technically I'm not new to real estate. My husband and I have bought several rental units in the last 12 years but he has done almost all the heavy lifting. Now my sister and I would like to do some flipping or rental work in our area. We need to learn about our own financing, for one thing, and learn more about rental management. DH is a great resource because he's an experience construction guy but we're hoping to try to learn a few new tricks as my sister and I start out.
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
11y
@Kathy Brasby welcome. There are a number of resources on the site for flipping and managing. Jay Scott's book on flipping homes is well respected (available on the site). If you want to do more rentals you are welcome to join us at the Denver Landlord Meetup (click the blue to go to the link with the information about it).
Also Ultimate Beginners Guide has a bunch of good info. Use the search feature in the upper right hand corner to find information on a specific topic.
Set up key word alerts for items of interest to you.
If you have specific questions that the search feature doesn't answer, jump on the forums and ask.
An update on us because we've been so busy that I haven't had time to post much (and still am learning how to operate well on the forums).
We bought a foreclosure house in September that had been vacant for several (10?) years. It had been vandalized, windows broken, etc. However the basic framework of the house was solid and at least the windows were boarded up.
We've been working there learning how to flip a house. How many details should I include? An interesting element to this house is it's a log cabin with drywall finish inside - built in the mid '50s in a town where many log cabins were built at that time. We had a number of challenges with the logs that I think we've overcome.
The finish line is in sight and we hope to list by the first of the year. This is a 3-bedroom, 2 bath house with a full basement, very large garage on a large corner lot. Thanks for a warm welcome!
Contractor · Greeley, CO · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 2 votes
7y
Hi @Kathy Brasby I'm new to noco, and wanted to know if your still in the Fort Morgan area. I'm a veteran looking for my first multi-family as a owner-occupant (house hacking). Looked in Greeley, but it is out of my price range.
Investor · Fort Morgan, CO · Member since 2015 · 40 posts · 9 votes
7y
@Chris Delao : Hi! Yes, we're still in Fort Morgan. The market is really tight in Fort Morgan as well although there are some signs that it might be cooling off a little. I'd be happy to chat with you if you wanted.