Multi- family properties

4 Replies

Previously have owned a 2 unit property that I lived in for 16 years..

It payed for itself............. 

The reason I am here is because the people , friends and family that are in my life 

don't share vision on this... The folks that I know and love don't share the real estate vision...

Thanks 

Lisa

Welcome Lisa!

You've arrived at a great source of knowledge and a community that shares your vision.

What are your friends and family getting hung up on that prevents them from seeing and sharing your vision?

Welcome @Lisa Troise !  Unfortunately, it's pretty common for our loved ones not to share our RE vision.  Most with a 9-5 J.O.B. only see risks and are quick to tell horror stories from 3rd cousins uncles brothers who knew a guy once that went broke in RE.  

Speaking of broke, I try not to take financial or goal advice from broke people.  Having a (probably mostly) paid off duplex you have been in for 16 years is awesome!  What are they gonna do when you are on here a while and buy a 16-unit?  Ha.  Just love them and do your thing! That's what I do.  I am the first millionaire my family knows - and they don't know it! Hang in there!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you