RE Flipper / Wholesaler / Student Newbie w/ Marketing Background.

RE Flipper / Wholesaler / Student Newbie w/ Marketing Background.

Investor · Bushkill, PA · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hey guys, I'm the founder of Future Media Management, an internet marketing agency that is mostly me and a few friends allying as freelancers and doing marketing for private clients. 

Recently, my father and I purchased our first property which we aim to flip. I've been listening to Bigger Pockets a lot recently to hone my knowledge and to get any edge I can to help me outpace the established competition in my area. 

Looking forward to meeting new friends, faces, mentors, partners, investors and allies. Let's chat!

1Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
11y

@Randall Parker

Welcome. I have buddies buying SFR in PA from the county Tax Repository sales for $500-2,500 each.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Southington, CT · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP @Randall Parker. Congrats on your first purchase and best of luck with it.

    Your marketing background will serve you well in REI if it hasn't already. If you can develop a good pipeline through the internet that brings you deals you will be a step ahead of most of your competition.

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @Randall Parker

    Welcome. I have buddies buying SFR in PA from the county Tax Repository sales for $500-2,500 each.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul 

  • Real Estate Broker · Tipton, IN · Member since 2014 · 436 posts · 39 votes
    11y

    Welcome to the BP community @Randall Parker!! 

    I am confident that you will find this is an awesome place to learn about all things real estate, make a few friends along the way and in the process achieve your real estate goals.

    Best of luck on your first flip and future real estate ventures, see you around the site!

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Randall Parker

    Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community. It is a great place to learn about real estate.

  • Investor · Bushkill, PA · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Thanks for all the warm welcomes. It's been somewhat intense getting started on the first flip, but I'm sure that is normal and to be expected. I'm trying to walk the line between doing work myself to save money on contractors and getting contractors involved for things that are out of my league so that I can reduce carrying costs. I have my money covered bc my dad is the silent partner and we're into the property for cash, so it's just a matter of trying to maximize my return on the flip. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.