Brand new to REI......in Tucson, AZ

Brand new to REI......in Tucson, AZ

Tucson, AZ · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes

Brand new to REI and looking to build an REI network in the greater Tucson, AZ area before playing first hand.....have liquid and lines available.

About us:

My wife and I bought our 1st house as a short sale resulting in instant equity......then the wheels started turning…..

Before dumping all of our investment capital into a $75K guru bootcamp (but after their $2K pitch), we began listening to the BP podcasts and have decided to enter the realm of real estate investing in July of this year and are slated for our AZDRE Sales Licenses by the end of Sept 2015.

Wife's focus: learning local market through brokerage for commissions.

My focus: identifying and executing investments for Fix & Flip and Buy & Hold (renting).

More about us:

Although, considered by myself, relatively young at 34, I’ve been a conceptual chef and foodservice manager for 15 years currently owning one concept outright, a percentage ownership in a foodservice retail company and a GM at a thriving restaurant in an esteemed area of Tucson.

My gorgeous wife, of a few years younger than I (she wouldn’t be too happy if disclosed her exact age), has been in the service industries as a hair stylist and bartender for her entire professional career. She currently networks with real estate investors, agents and lenders at the restaurant which I manage in the affluent Catalina Foothills of Tucson, AZ

We’re looking to obtain residual income to wean ourselves off the restaurant business to spend more time with our two daughters.

0Reply
81 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Syracuse NY · Member since 2013 · 83 posts · 16 votes
    11y

    Best of luck to you! I have my rental in Tucson as well!

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2013 · 55 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    Welcome to the community! Tucson is an interesting market to invest in. I'd love to network sometime!

    Tabor

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Timothy Stevens

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets community. Be sure to check out “Learn” for all kinds of useful resources and free how to guides.

  • Wholesaler · Virginia City, NV · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Timothy,

    On Bigger Pockets saw your post, I grew up in northwest Tucson and at that time could drag race down Speedway. I am considering returning to the area any recommendation on inventory level there, Reno somewhat flat.

  • Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome! I'm a UofA alumn (Bear down!), so I love the college area ... too bad I didn't look into buying student rentals back then. I've often wondered if Tucson might have some long term legs as a possible tech hub, since it has a low cost of living, good weather, great university with sound technical departments and research and that liberal/hippie/hipster vibe that seems to attract tech. Don't think it has happened yet, other than A&D like Raytheon (who hired half my eng graduate class and still doing well), but I wonder ... I wouldn't bet on it per se but if the numbers work out in the short term it could be a real kicker in the long term.

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 20 votes
    10y

    @Timothy Stevens  We have a meet up group dedicated to REIs in the Tucson area.  Our sole purpose is networking (no pitches or fees).  Check out the Events discussion for news on next meeting:  https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/28...

    Best of luck!

  • Software Architect · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Welcome @Timothy Stevens! I'm also just starting RE here in Tucson as well. I live out of state right now but was just there yesterday putting a property under contract that we're gonna move into and 'house hack' starting this summer.

    @David FaulknerInteresting idea about Tucson having possibility for becoming a tech hub, I've had a similar idea recently, and it's part of the reason I'm relocating back to the area. I currently live and work in San Francisco as a software architect, and it's getting a little insane up here.

  • Software Architect · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    hah, i just realized the original post was from 6 months ago. oops.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.