Newbie RE investor in training from Miami, Florida

Newbie RE investor in training from Miami, Florida

Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Hi BP community,

I just want to introduce myself to the BP community. Its great that there is a resource like this online. I am currently in the education phase of real estate investing and have been researching and reading every book possible. I originally picked up Rich Dad, Poor Dad and that ignited the education phase into real estate investing. I just finished reading "WHAT EVERY REAL ESTATE INVESTOR NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT CASH FLOW..." By Frank Gallinelli (valuable information) and now im reading "FLIP HOW TO FIND, FIX, AND SELL HOUSES FOR A PROFIT" By Rick Villani and Clay Davis. Along the way I came across BiggerPockets.com. 

I am very interested in flipping houses and rental properties and enjoying every opportunity I can get to learn. I would love to know the best route to take to get into flipping houses.

0Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Licensed Mortgage Lender · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2014 · 98 posts · 13 votes
11y

Nice to see you @Sean McClure join the forums.  As I'm sure you're learning, there are multiple components to flipping (buying the property, financing the property, fixing the property, selling the property).  We are lenders and real estate brokers, so if you ever have questions about the transaction and/or financing component, let us know.  My biggest advice to give would be to get out there and hit the ground running, trying to find deals.  I find that a lot of books do not teach the intangibles that one develops being out there in the market day in, day out.  Good Luck!

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Valrico, FL · Member since 2015 · 23 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP Sean!

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thanks @Nelson J Castillo for the welcome message. @Account Closed thanks for the invite and welcome. I just signed up. 

  • Licensed Mortgage Lender · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2014 · 98 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    Nice to see you @Sean McClure join the forums.  As I'm sure you're learning, there are multiple components to flipping (buying the property, financing the property, fixing the property, selling the property).  We are lenders and real estate brokers, so if you ever have questions about the transaction and/or financing component, let us know.  My biggest advice to give would be to get out there and hit the ground running, trying to find deals.  I find that a lot of books do not teach the intangibles that one develops being out there in the market day in, day out.  Good Luck!

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thanks @Gregory Emmer for the great advice. I know I am going to make mistakes. I just want minimize that risk as much as possible. I completely agree with you though and intend to jump in the mix sooner rather than later. I will definitely enjoy it lot more since I am a hands on person and don't mind getting my hands dirty. I really appreciate you reaching out and will definitely keep you in mind for my next deal. Thanks again. 

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Sean McClure

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. It is great to see you hear.

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thanks @Mark Nolan for the welcome. 

  • Massage Therapist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 613 posts · 84 votes
    11y

    @Sean McClure

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. I concur with @Gregory Emmer. For example sometimes you put a toe in the water and believe the water is one temperature, but when you get in you realize you misjudged the temperature completely. Reading is good, but applying what you read is slightly different. Nevertheless you have to run your race at your pace not someone else.

    Consider spending 30 minutes for 30 consecutive days on Bigger Pockets. You will receive an Addict award along with a habit; as well as learning and retaining useful real estate information without struggling. 

    Being the reader that you are my next comments will serve as a reminder. Bigger Pockets has various resources such as: ebooks, forums, blogs, webinars, podcasts, keyword alerts, an awards system, a learn section, colleagues, informative people in many fields of real estate, and more.

    We are considered to be the average of the 5 people we spend the most time with so connect with REIA meetings, accountability partners, and mastermind groups to engage with more individuals interested in real estate investing.

    At the bottom of this page is a list with help in it. Click on help. You will see answers to questions that you didn't even think of.

                                Enjoy as you prosper.

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thanks @Renea Steward for the advice. I intend to jump in the game as soon as I can and have found the advice so far on BiggerPockets to be very valuable. I'm looking to buy my first property by the end of the year and will be renting it out. Thanks again for the great advice.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.