Hello from Utah!

6 Replies

Hi everyone!

My name is Tiffany and live in Utah. Currently looking to diversify my investments and get into the real estate investing game more seriously. I do own my own home and rent out my spare bedrooms to roommates. This has worked well up to this point and has helped me understand the industry a bit more and also has made me curious as to how to continue investing in real estate. 

Primarily interested in a buying and holding strategy as that is what my small real estate investing background consists of, but who knows, based upon what I continue learning, I may change that strategy up. We will see. 

Excited to be here to learn and contribute!

-T

Welcome to the BP community @TIffany Morton

This is a great place to learn about all things real estate. Be sure to connect with other BP members and make some friends along the way. 

While you’re at it don't forget to set up keyword alerts for topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

If you haven't already, also check out The Beginner's Guide (http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing) and BP Podcasts (http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/) are packed full of great info. 

All the best in your RE ventures!

Tiffany,

Welcome! On BP, I have found in a short period of time there are many different ways to being a successful REI. Take advantage of the forums, blogs and podcasts as they are extremely beneficial.

Welcome @TIffany Morton

Regarding strategy, one of the things I love most about real estate investing is the plethora of different investing options. I began, like you, as a buy and hold investor but have ventured into a couple other areas as well.

Be sure to check out the podcasts for concentrated and entertaining REI education. Also, anytime you have a question, do a search as the topic has probably been discussed in the past. That said, don't hesitate to post a new question as well.

Feel free to drop me a line if you'd like some cheap advice. 

@TIffany Morton

Hey Tiffany! Nice to see a familiar face on here. You know I got started the same way as you, and it is a great foot in the door. Here they call that "house hacking." 

Are you looking to stick to the SLC market? I've seen some cool seller finance deals and condo deals come up down there lately.

@TIffany Morton welcome to BP and congrats on your choice to invest more in real estate.  Sounds like you have a very practical view on the process and your options.  There are also excellent podcasts in nearly every category and they're update regularly which is great because real estate is dynamic and not static.  

Good luck and let me know if I can ever answer any questions you need help with.

@Tiffany Morton 

Welcome to the Utah investing scene. 

There is a bunch to learn. Be sure to take advantage of the resources that @Glenn Antonie has mentioned. 

Jeff Breglio 

Real Estate Lawyer from SLC,UT

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you