New in Northeast Ohio, Akron/Canton/Massillon area

New in Northeast Ohio, Akron/Canton/Massillon area

Investor · Beach City, OH · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
Greeting! I decided to become a member of BiggerPockets because it keeps coming up in my search results and the replies to posts seem relative and make a lot of sense. I have 2 rentals in the areas mentioned and am considering buying 2 more in the North Hill, Akron area. My plan is to learn as much as possible from others in the business and copy their success. I'd love to hear from others in my area!
0Reply
43 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Canton-Akron, OH · Member since 2012 · 917 posts · 477 votes
10y

Welcome to Bigger Pockets

@Andrew Fisher, good to have you here, as a contractor, homeowner with a paid off  mortgage,  and a few rentals under your belt,  I'm sure you will have valuable insights to contribute to the forum.

The most sucessfull, profitable rehabbers I know locally are also contractors. 

Good to have you here!

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2012 · 771 posts · 252 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP.

  • Investor · Beach City, OH · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Thanks Timothy!
  • Flipper · Wooster, OH · Member since 2012 · 139 posts · 30 votes
    10y

    @Andrew Fisher

    Welcome to BP!  We are in your area, send us a message if you want to connect.

  • Attorney · Dayton, OH · Member since 2015 · 32 posts · 24 votes
    10y

    @Andrew Fisher Welcome to BP!

  • Investor · Beach City, OH · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Raul Pedrozo @Amanda Davis 

    Thank you!  That would be great to connect! I'm still trying to figure out how to message someone- can't seem to find the missing link

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Andrew Fisher

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. It is great to see you hear.

  • Investor · Beach City, OH · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thank you, @Mark Nolan! This forum/site is intoxicating

  • Investor · Canton-Akron, OH · Member since 2012 · 917 posts · 477 votes
    10y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets

    @Andrew Fisher, good to have you here, as a contractor, homeowner with a paid off  mortgage,  and a few rentals under your belt,  I'm sure you will have valuable insights to contribute to the forum.

    The most sucessfull, profitable rehabbers I know locally are also contractors. 

    Good to have you here!

  • Specialist · Essex Junction, VT · Member since 2015 · 279 posts · 67 votes
    10y

    @Andrew Fisher

    Hey Andrew,

    Welcome to BP! It's a great community here. You will gain a TON of knowledge and who knows - maybe you'll even find a partner or two.

    Knowing that there is a resource available to me that offers advice on pretty much any REI question has been a huge benefit to me and my business.

    Investing in multifamily properties by using as little of my own money as possible is my game. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you in your journey!

    The best way to jump into buy and hold ownership is to target an owner occupied multi family home with an FHA loan - which means only 3.5% down payment. Send me a message if you want more details. : )

    A

  • Investor · Beach City, OH · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thank you @Dell Schlabach and @Ashley St. Gelais! It's so good to have feedback so soon- the support is a big boost for me! As you can see, I have to post around my work since I'm still working full time in construction, but hopefully that'll change relatively soon! I think it may be time to buy Pro...

  • Specialist · Essex Junction, VT · Member since 2015 · 279 posts · 67 votes
    10y

    @Andrew Fisher

    Glad it's helpful! BTW - before you leave your job be sure you have a plan for financing future projects.  : )  

  • Investor · Beach City, OH · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Advice well taken, @Ashley St. Gelais! It seems to be hard to get started and know for sure which direction to focus first, but we definitely have a number we need to see before I quit what I'm doing now. 

    I'm really in an ideal situation where my services will be in pretty high demand anytime I'm not working on our real estate goals so I'm hoping to "gradually shift" rather than "cold turkey". 

    Already it takes an amazing amount of time off my regular work to plan, research and manage, but it's worked well so far and I've come to believe we can pull it off :-)

  • Investor · Canton-Akron, OH · Member since 2012 · 917 posts · 477 votes
    10y

    If you are interested in talking real estate, exploring ideas. You can email me (address in profile) to set up a meeting. Typically meet a couple investor, partners, contractors at local coffee shop on Saturday mornings, if you are interested. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.