Starting out in Northeast Florida

Starting out in Northeast Florida

Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 2 votes

Hello all! Names David Williams and I am here to get this thing rollin'! 

I have always loved real estate and I have been reading, researching, house hunting, and listening to podcasts on REI for about four or five months now and I am ready to start making deals and friendly connections with you guys :).

I spend about 10-12 hours per week walking and driving neighborhoods (mostly in St. Augustine so far) not including time looking through the MLS and craigslist and have made a few connections with real estate brokers in the St. Aug area.

I would love to connect with a few experienced buyers who are looking for a certain Niche/area and help them find great wholesale deals! 

I can be your boots on the ground guy as I love exploring neighborhoods and hunting down great deals! 

I would love to connect with and help out as many people as I can. My long term goal is to own a good amount of multifamily and apartment homes and be able to provide financially for my mother and as many others as I can. 

I am trying to soak up as much valuable info as possible and can't wait to start getting involved in this community! :)

1Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Full-Time Investor · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2015 · 105 posts · 47 votes
10y

@David Williams-Welcome! BP is a great networking community and people here are knowledgeable and kind. You will gather much information here! All the best in your endeavors. As most BP members will tell you...If I can be off assistance to you in any way, please let me know!

@ Rob Sanford-I need some boots on the ground in Jax area. Hopefully we can help each other.

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    I live in the Jacksonville,Florida area maybe I can help you. Rod

  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome David! Post any questions you may have in the forums and you will get advice.

    Good luck in you me exploits!

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Rod Sanford:

    I live in the Jacksonville,Florida area maybe I can help you. Rod

     Thanks Rod! I would love to hear more about that

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Adam Bartomeo:

    Welcome David! Post any questions you may have in the forums and you will get advice.

    Good luck in you me exploits!

     Thanks Adam! I appreciate the welcoming advice!

  • Lender · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome!  You are in a great place with loads of resources and helpful people.

  • Wholesaler · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    I have a list of fifty properties mostly rehabs, not so good areas but priced right.  They are all in the Jacksonville,Florida area.

  • Full-Time Investor · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2015 · 105 posts · 47 votes
    10y

    @David Williams-Welcome! BP is a great networking community and people here are knowledgeable and kind. You will gather much information here! All the best in your endeavors. As most BP members will tell you...If I can be off assistance to you in any way, please let me know!

    @ Rob Sanford-I need some boots on the ground in Jax area. Hopefully we can help each other.

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Charlie Fitzgerald:

    Welcome!  You are in a great place with loads of resources and helpful people.

     Thanks for the welcoming words Charlie!

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Cynthia Calhoun:

    @David Williams-Welcome! BP is a great networking community and people here are knowledgeable and kind. You will gather much information here! All the best in your endeavors. As most BP members will tell you...If I can be off assistance to you in any way, please let me know!

    @ Rob Sanford-I need some boots on the ground in Jax area. Hopefully we can help each other.

     Thanks Cynthia! I appreciate the helpful and encouraging advice!

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Rod Sanford:

    I have a list of fifty properties mostly rehabs, not so good areas but priced right.  They are all in the Jacksonville,Florida area.

     I am interested

  • Wholesaler · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Cynthia Calhoun:

    @David Williams-Welcome! BP is a great networking community and people here are knowledgeable and kind. You will gather much information here! All the best in your endeavors. As most BP members will tell you...If I can be off assistance to you in any way, please let me know!

    @ Rob Sanford-I need some boots on the ground in Jax area. Hopefully we can help each other.

     Ok let me know how I can help and I will assist you any way I can.

  • Wholesaler · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @David Williams:
    Originally posted by @Rod Sanford:

    I have a list of fifty properties mostly rehabs, not so good areas but priced right.  They are all in the Jacksonville,Florida area.

     I am interested

     Ok.  Lets get started

  • Wholesaler · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Let me no that you received it.

  • Investor · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2015 · 304 posts · 19 votes
    10y

    Hey David,

    Great to have you as a new member of Bigger Pockets!

    Just keep networking and send out those colleague requests to potential partners, you may find a potential mentor soon.

    Best of luck to you!

    -Kyle

  • Wholesaler · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    do you have another email address that one keeps returning

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Rod Sanford:

    Let me no that you received it.

     Have yet to receive

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Kyle Tokasey:

    Hey David,

    Great to have you as a new member of Bigger Pockets!

    Just keep networking and send out those colleague requests to potential partners, you may find a potential mentor soon.

    Best of luck to you!

    -Kyle

     Thanks for the words of encouragement Kyle!!

  • Wholesaler · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @David Williams:
    Originally posted by @Rod Sanford:

    Let me no that you received it.

     Have yet to receive

     Give me another email address

  • Investor · Clark Fork, ID · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Welcome

    @David Williams, looks like you are on your way! Can't wait to hear about your first deal.

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Eddie Hutto:

    Welcome

    @David Williams, looks like you are on your way! Can't wait to hear about your first deal.

     Thanks for the encouragement Eddie! I appreciate the kind words !

  • Boston, MA · Member since 2015 · 72 posts · 16 votes
    10y

    good luck, I have a friend working near Pensacola right now making a killing doing flips and has been for 3 years. this market can't last forever so be ready to shift your focus in a few years when things start to tighten

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Ravi P.:

    good luck, I have a friend working near Pensacola right now making a killing doing flips and has been for 3 years. this market can't last forever so be ready to shift your focus in a few years when things start to tighten

     Thank you for the insights Rob! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.