New Member from Connecticut And New To Real estate

New Member from Connecticut And New To Real estate

Middletown, CT · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello everyone I'm so new I haven't even started yet.

my reason for wanting to jump in to real estate is to make a retirement for my wife and I. 

I would love to to get 2  or 3 multi families then buy our own personal home after the 2nd multi family.

and we would also like to make some money all along the way.

Sp any advice is welcome

thanks

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Richmond, VA · Member since 2015 · 66 posts · 10 votes
10y

Listen to bp podcasts in your free time they have tons of great info. Welcome and good luck on your new venture! 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Bill Perkins

    Welcome to Biggerpockets. Have you already read the Ultimate Beginner's Guide to REI? It's a great read for starters. Good luck and all the best

    BiggerPockets
  • William CollinsPro Member
    Investor · Rocky Hill, CT · Member since 2013 · 373 posts · 299 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Bill Perkins - always good to see a fellow CT member here. Middletown area is a great place to get started. Is Middletown your target market? I see the "Why" in your post- as a retirement plan, let's work on some more of the detail's- what is your time horizon? In your area there are some great multi's to be had- are you looking for a personal residence/live in multi to begin? There are some great advantages to being able to use an FHA as part of your first buy.

    I am a buy and hold rehabber who owns a tri in New Britain and in the middle of renovating a duplex in Manchester. I focus on BRRR strategy (which I recommend you look at!)

    Cheers!

    Bill

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Richmond, VA · Member since 2015 · 66 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    Listen to bp podcasts in your free time they have tons of great info. Welcome and good luck on your new venture! 

  • Investor · Corona, CA · Member since 2014 · 746 posts · 372 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP Bill! There is so much information here within the forums, blog posts and podcasts. A strategy is key to getting started in real estate, knowing what your end goal is and establishing a timeline for your action plan. Middletown is great especially with Wesleyan there and the student market you could capture with a multi.

    Wishing you much success on your endeavors!

  • Middletown, CT · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    thanks everyone 

    My time frame is be into something by spring.

    I wI'll be going multi family and moving in aswell.

    So I will need a 2 or 3 family to start and yes Middletown is my target area

  • FL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 357 votes
    10y

    @Bill Perkins,

    Welcome to the Best Real Estate Site on the Net.

    It is always nice to see another Ct., Resident in the forums.

    Click on the “learn tab” at the top of this page, and you could be spending many hours on the Information that is available.

    Raymond

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.