Investor from Los Angeles California

Investor from Los Angeles California

Investor · Whittier, CA · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hello everyone. 

This is my first post on this site. My two main reasons for doing so today are to introduce myself & ask a question regarding a course I am considering purchasing this coming weekend. As you can tell by my profile, I am a member of two investor clubs here in Los Angeles. The first is the Real Estate Investor's Club of Los Angles which is ran by Phyllis Rockower. The second is Prosperity Through Real Estate which is run by the Love's, Steve and his wife Robyn. Duncan Wierman was at our meeting last night, Tuesday, and gave a presentation on his online lead-generation course.  

If anyone has purchased it, would you please share your thoughts on the course and experience with it in general. Thank you. 

0Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Upland, CA · Member since 2009 · 112 posts · 27 votes
10y

Hi Alex,

Welcome to BP... I agree with Russ, do more research here...

Here is a good tool:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investin...

You will also find info on local real estate clubs here on BP or meetup.com. I suggest you go and check them out to see what other are doing in your area.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2015 · 161 posts · 46 votes
    10y

    My suggestion is to reap the benefits of the free BP membership here first.  You may find you don't need the expensive class or just the info here on BP and a book or two.  

  • Lender · Upland, CA · Member since 2009 · 112 posts · 27 votes
    10y

    Hi Alex,

    Welcome to BP... I agree with Russ, do more research here...

    Here is a good tool:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investin...

    You will also find info on local real estate clubs here on BP or meetup.com. I suggest you go and check them out to see what other are doing in your area.

  • Investor · Whittier, CA · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Awesome gents! Thank you for the input. I will take it into consideration. 

    And thank you as well for the resource. I'll definitely read through it.  

    Let me know if I can be of any assistance to either of you. 

  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    10y

    I agree with everyone else. The 2 clubs you belong to are awesome resources great turn outs and the Love's and Phyllis to a wonderful job.

  • Massage Therapist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 613 posts · 84 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. If you have time consider spending 30 minutes for 30 consecutive days on Bigger Pockets. You will receive an Addict award along with a habit; as well as learning and retaining additional useful real estate information without struggling.

    You can ask questions in forums, which usually receive an accurate response; therefore I would try Bigger Pockets various resources: ebooks, blogs, forums, podcasts, webinars, colleagues, keyword alerts, an awards system, a learn section, informative people in many fields of real estate, and more.

    At the bottom of this page is a list with help in it. Click on help. You will see answers to questions that you didn't even think of.

                                Enjoy as you prosper.....

  • Investor · Whittier, CA · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Good afternoon Renea, 

    Thank you very much for that recommendation. I'll make sure to do so. 

    BTW, I'm very glad I upgraded my membership. 

    Take care 😃

  • Pasadena, CA · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    I would listen to the Bigger Pockets Podcast and read the books that@Joshua D.and @Brandon Turnerrecommend first. Then if you feel you still need to take a course ask someone who has taken that course how their investing is going, what they got from taking the course and if they got an ROI on their money. My guess if after you listen to Josh browbeat Brandon about his investment mistakes episode after episode you'll feel like you've taken a course. Just kidding Josh, You are more than fair to Brandon. I can see you love him just like a little brother. ;)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.