Novice Investor in Newark, Delaware from Wyoming

Novice Investor in Newark, Delaware from Wyoming

Investor · Price, UT · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 3 votes

Before I introduce myself, I want to thank Biggerpockets and all the community members that have inspired and helped me thus far. My name is Daniel Bear and real estate investing has me hooked. I am originally from Powell Wyoming, just outside of Yellowstone, and currently live in Newark Delaware. For the past year I have been trying to find the career path (artist, teacher, financial advisor) that is right for me and have learned a great deal from the journey. Through this endeavor, real estate investing has proven to me that the sky is the limit. 

I look forward to continuing to learn about the industry as well as "taking action." Currently, I am on the lookout for a multifamily house so that I can have a chance to try some house hacking and truly begin my education. 

During my first year of college I was fortunate enough to make a small real estate investment to get an idea of what it is like to be a landlord and receive a passive income. My first investment was a mobile home with land. My experience with this has been so great that I would love to learn more about the niche and grow my portfolio with a goal to purchase a mobile home park in the near future.

Once again thank you everyone for all the amazing educational content that you contribute and I can not wait to dig deeper.

3Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Jerry W.Pro Member
Moderator
Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
10y

Good luck from Wyoming.  I used to own a house in Powell WY.  Most of my rentals are in Thermopolis though.

See this reply in the discussion

19 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Pro Competitive Dance Coach · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    Hi Daniel!! Welcome to BP! You and your wife will have awesome success as you continue on your RE path! 

    My husband and I are new investors two, with our primary residence + 2 rentals under our belts (one in BHAM and one in Memphis).

    Looking forward to hearing more about your future growth and experiences!

    Sara from OC, CA

  • Investor · Price, UT · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Thanks Sara and Joe for the comments. 

    Sara, that is great to hear that you and your husband are doing so great with your properties. 

    Joe, I would love to get any recommendations from you for any REI events/groups in the area. Thanks for offering.

    Kind Regards, 

    Daniel Bear

  • Jerry W.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    Good luck from Wyoming.  I used to own a house in Powell WY.  Most of my rentals are in Thermopolis though.

  • Bill S.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Daniel Bear I worked in Powell for a summer and my step brother worked there for a few years. I enjoyed it and I'm sure it's light years away from where you are now.

  • Realtor · Newark, NJ · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Welcome Dan!

    I'm sure you will do great here. As an investor, this is the place to be. 

    Best of luck!

  • Attorney · Worton, MD · Member since 2014 · 274 posts · 195 votes
    10y

    @Daniel Bear

    Welcome to BP and the Delaware area!

    Best of luck!

  • Havertown, PA · Member since 2014 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Daniel Bear

    Welcome to the site! There's certainly no shortage of information here. I went to good ol' UD and actually just helped a friend purchase a home in Newark. Good luck!

  • Investor · Price, UT · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Bill S., You are completely right about Delaware being a huge change from Wyoming but I am enjoying all the opportunities. 

     Jefferson Lilly, I cant wait to listen to your podcasts and start looking at all the information you just gave me. I will keep in touch after I have time to look through it more thoroughly. Thanks so much.

    Raphael Gomez, Thanks for the words of encouragement!

    Brian Tome, I look forward to meeting with you.

    Chris Zwakenberg, My wife is attending the University of Delaware and she really loves it. The area is great and has a lot to offer. 

    Ravi Parmar, Your airbnb in Boston looks great and your reviews say a lot of positive things. I will definitely be in touch if I make it up your way.

  • Professional · Boston, MA · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 16 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP @Daniel Bear!

    Click the tabs, read, listen, and participate here and in the RE community and work towards your dream.  Having looked about for a bit, you already know that BP has great information and amazing people ready to help you succeed.

    Cheers!

    Victoria

  • Professional · Wilmington, DE · Member since 2015 · 165 posts · 29 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Daniel Bear:

    Before I introduce myself, I want to thank Biggerpockets and all the community members that have inspired and helped me thus far. My name is Daniel Bear and real estate investing has me hooked. I am originally from Powell Wyoming, just outside of Yellowstone, and currently live in Newark Delaware. For the past year I have been trying to find the career path (artist, teacher, financial advisor) that is right for me and have learned a great deal from the journey. Through this endeavor, real estate investing has proven to me that the sky is the limit. 

    I look forward to continuing to learn about the industry as well as "taking action." Currently, I am on the lookout for a multifamily house so that I can have a chance to try some house hacking and truly begin my education. 

    During my first year of college I was fortunate enough to make a small real estate investment to get an idea of what it is like to be a landlord and receive a passive income. My first investment was a mobile home with land. My experience with this has been so great that I would love to learn more about the niche and grow my portfolio with a goal to purchase a mobile home park in the near future.

    Once again thank you everyone for all the amazing educational content that you contribute and I can not wait to dig deeper.

    Kind Regards,

    Daniel Bear

    P.S. My wife and I love traveling the country so if you have an "AIRBNB" please leave a link and maybe we will drop-in someday. Thanks!

     Welcome aboard Daniel. I'm a new investor in the Delaware area.  I've been trying to get a group of local investors together every few months.  Please stay in touch and if you would like please send me your information and I can text or call you as we start to plan our next one. Talk to you soon!

  • Professional · Wilmington, DE · Member since 2015 · 165 posts · 29 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jefferson Lilly:

    Daniel -

    Welcome, and I hope we can help you hone your career path.  Mobile home parks are indeed a great path to financial independence.  If you'd like to learn more:

    1. Listen to my podcasts - both here on BP, and elsewhere. Type my name into the search field of iTunes - you'll see all four podcasts there.

    2. See the 'Resources' page on my LillyAndCompany.net website.

    3. As you generate deal flow, feel free to send my way. I can give you my quick thoughts. I am also open to partnering or paying referral fees.

    4. Join my Mobile Home Park Investors group on LinkedIn, and connect with me on LinkedIn.

    To your continued success,

    -Jefferson-

    www.parkstreetpartners.net

    Jefferson I am interested in your information as well. I just sent you a colleague request. Hope to talk to you soon!

  • Investor · Price, UT · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Jeffrey Giffin 

    It is great knowing I am not the only new investor on the block. I would really be interested in getting together with your group. Please feel free to text, call or email with any information 

    Kind Regards,

    Daniel Bear

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    10y

    @Jeffrey Giffin and @Daniel Bear - you might want to consider DIG - http://digonline.org/

    DIG has a DE state subgroup that might suit you. 

    And welcome to BP. 

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP @Daniel Bear Are you really from Newark or are you from Bear, DE?

  • Investor · Price, UT · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Steve Babiak Thanks I will give this a look. 

    @Ned Carey Hahaha I live in Newark, my last name is Bear. Are you familiar with the area then?

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    When I was in Sales, part of my area was Delaware and I had a customer in Bare.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.