Hello BP people. New member from Louisville KY

Hello BP people. New member from Louisville KY

Investor · louisville, KY · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 9 votes

Hello all. After listening to hours of BP and other podcasts, I have finally joined in on the forum. I own a lawn care franchise in Louisville, KY that is growing steadily. My goals are to begin as a passive investor while focusing on growing my franchise. Instead of giving Uncle Sam a large portion of my bottom line each year, I plan on investing it into real estate. My wife and I are forming an LLC this month and would like to purchase our first two properties before year end.

I look forward to trolling around the site and making new friends.  

1Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

James WilcoxBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Bowling Green KY ~ Lexington, KY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 602 votes
10y

@Michael O'Connell welcome to the BP community! Getting two properties by the end of the year is lofty goal, but definitely achievable. However, you will need to take action immediately! 

Always run your numbers! Much better to pass than to buy a bad property that doesn't make REI sense right off the bat.

Good luck in your REI ventures.

REI James w/ eXp Realty54 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Critical Care Registered Nurse · Senoia, GA · Member since 2015 · 53 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    @Michael O'Connell Welcome to BP Nation.  There is plenty to read, watch and listen to.  I highly suggest you write down any questions you have and then do a search.  There is a great chance someone has asked the question or written a post about it.  Also do not forget to set up your key word alerts.  I look forward to reading about your successes. 

  • Investor · louisville, KY · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    @Anthony CertonioThank you for the advice.  I look forward using the search feature and learning.  This site is loaded with a TON of great information.  Other than opportunities for local meet-ups, I might not have a reason to post for a while.  Unless someone starts a thread about college basketball.... Go Cards:)

  • Critical Care Registered Nurse · Senoia, GA · Member since 2015 · 53 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    @Michael O'Connell I cant help you out with the B-Ball but I do suggest listening to the podcasts.  They are great.  I listen to at least 2 a day.  I just started a few weeks ago and its one of my favorite times of day.  Best of luck.

  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Michael O'Connell - welcome to BP!  In what area(s) of town are you looking to buy rental property?  And similarly, in what areas of town do you operate your lawn care business?

  • Property Manager · Louisville, KY · Member since 2013 · 309 posts · 115 votes
    10y

    Come on out to the meetup on the 19th if you can.  You'll have a chance to meet some of the locals.  

    I want to know what side of town you work on too.  

  • Investor · louisville, KY · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    Michael and Brett 

    I am looking for properties in the south end and as far east as possible in the 40-70k range.  Hoping to have two under our control asap.

    thanks for asking about my lawn care company. I own a Grounds Guys franchise. We are currently serving commercial accounts county wide. We also have clients in Shelbyville, Shepardsville, and Lagrange. Our clients include bix box retailers, banking centers, 6th class cities, apartment communities, etc...

    We are looking to expand into residential services next year. Our marketing is going to be directed to the east end. However,if we can aquire a cluster of yards our trucks do run all over jefferson county.  

  • James WilcoxBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Bowling Green KY ~ Lexington, KY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 602 votes
    10y

    @Michael O'Connell welcome to the BP community! Getting two properties by the end of the year is lofty goal, but definitely achievable. However, you will need to take action immediately! 

    Always run your numbers! Much better to pass than to buy a bad property that doesn't make REI sense right off the bat.

    Good luck in your REI ventures.

    REI James w/ eXp Realty54 Reviews
  • Investor · louisville, KY · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    It took a little longer than expected, but we close on our 3rd property next week!!  Thanks for all the support from this community and the friends I have made locally. 3 months ago this was a dream and now....The real work begins.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.