Kyle Vandever
  • Lewiston, ID
Votes |
Tale's from a young real estate entrepreneur

Kyle Vandever
  • Lewiston, ID
Posted Nov 24 2015, 07:44

Hi everyone! 

My name is Kyle Vandever and I'm living in the wonderful state of Idaho. For the last 6 weeks I've been almost religiously reading BiggerPockets blogs and listening to (almost) any podcast I can get my hands on. 

I recently graduated from Boise State University and landed a job in marketing/media. Although this is a great job, I come from a long line of entrepreneurs and the thought of working for someone else's dream scares me a little. So I took a step back, and like any entrepreneur dove in. 

When I say dove in, I mean I started researching ways to invest. I read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", and that hit a nerve. Later I found BiggerPockets, and have been using that as a resource on nearly all things real estate. 

So long story short, I'm a young entrepreneur at heart that has a passion in real estate. The numbers game it provides is very intriguing for me, and the opportunity for growth excites me. Below are my goals for the next 5 years:

1st Year: One Duplex Property (plan to live in one unit)

3rd Year: 2 properties owned with positive cashflow, 1 house flipped within three months. 

5th year: 5 properties owned with positive cashflow, 2 houses flipped within two months. 

I'd love to hear from you, and get your advice/opinion on starting out. I'm relatively new to real estate, but I have the passion and curiosity to learn. Thank you in advance for reading this, and I hope to hear from as many of you as possible. 

Kyle Vandever

Loading replies...