New member from Australia

New member from Australia

Alice springs, Northern Territory · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 4 votes

Hi BP community. 

My name is Marz and im looking at investing in the states. I guess like most overseas investors i saw the prices were low and the ROI was far greater than what we have here in OZ. Being a newbie to investing not just in the states but a newbie in general. I've been working 2 jobs for the last few years trying to save enough money so that I can invest over there. It's been hard but hopefully worth it. I guess I'm looking at investing in single family homes that I can get cheap, fix then flip to aid in building capital but if it doesn't sell I'm more than happy to rent them out. Ultimately the goal would be to build enough capital to upgrade to multi family apartments in the future. I guess my main challenges i see are, 1. Finding good potential properties. 2. Finding reliable and good contractors. 3. Finance for overseas investors so I can leverage. 4. A good property manager. 5. Learning more about not just usa real estate laws but individual state laws depending on where i invest. I know there are many more things i need to learn which is why i am on BP learning as much as I can, not just from the videos but from reading peoples blogs and posts. I look forward to hearing from anyone and possibly working alongside you.

Thanks.

Marz. 

1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 857 votes
10y

Hey Marz, Welcome to the forum from another aussie to another.

I think you need to flip points around. 3 and 1 should dome prior to 2.

Your hardest obstacle will be the initial capital to invest here. Have you looked into what markets could work for your limited funds? 

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Alice springs, Northern Territory · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 4 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Louise A.:

    @Marz Junior 

    We have some great RE meetups here in Indy.  Let me know when you'll be in town and I can make sure that you know about any meetings happening when you're in town.   

     Will do Louise, thank you for your time. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.