Bloomington, IN · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
Hello,
My name is Aidan Miller and I am a 19 year old Pre-Law sophomore at Indiana University Bloomington. Myself, my father, and my grandfather have begun investing together in the Southern Indiana area and are looking to meet other investors in the area. Our primary focus is commercial buy and hold but we also have a budget set aside for residential flipping projects so that we may hopefully free up some of the capital tied up in long term deals. Thanks for your time everyone and any reponses would be greatly appreciated!
If you haven’t already, please read/listen to these books ASAP!
Flip2freedom episode 77http://www.flip2freedom.com/a-3-step-formula-to-a-successful-balanced-and-insanely-profitable-2012/- podcast - LISTEN TO THIS TODAY!
Virtual Assistant · Plainfield, IN · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
10y
Aiden welcome to BiggerPockets and congratulations on working on getting your law degree that awesome. We work with several investors in the Indianapolis area. I've had a few investment properties myself but don't currently, but I'd be happy to help you if you have any questions.
Investor · Bloomington, IN · Member since 2015 · 195 posts · 36 votes
10y
Welcome! There are several of us in Bloomington that are starting up a REIA. I just moved here myself and bought a duplex to house hack and I am renting my house in WV.
Aiden welcome to BiggerPockets and congratulations on working on getting your law degree that awesome. We work with several investors in the Indianapolis area. I've had a few investment properties myself but don't currently, but I'd be happy to help you if you have any questions.
Hello Aiden! I'm a newbie in Indy but have ties to IU. Congrats. Hello to Diane as well. Hope to go south and check out the new REIA!
Rental Property Investor · Bloomington, IN · Member since 2014 · 119 posts · 28 votes
10y
Welcome Aidan! There are a handful of us getting together monthly. We are currently trying to nail down a regular meeting time for 2016 but its looking like the 3rd Saturday of the month at 10am.
If you haven’t already, please read/listen to these books ASAP!
Flip2freedom episode 77http://www.flip2freedom.com/a-3-step-formula-to-a-successful-balanced-and-insanely-profitable-2012/- podcast - LISTEN TO THIS TODAY!
Bloomington, IN · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
10y
Thanks everyone for your input, especially on good info for beginners, my grandpa has accidentally made money on a few real estate deals but this is the first time any of us have looked into REI as s source of additional income. We are excited to learn and look forward to the challenges of investing!
Bloomington, IN · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
10y
It has never been anything big, just selling old houses he used to live in at a healthy profit and once took his girlfriends house (which was costing her $750 a month) and set her up with a professional management company who got the building to turn a $400 a month profit off rent. Needless to say she way thrilled!