New to Seattle. New to Real Estate.

New to Seattle. New to Real Estate.

Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hi everyone,

My name's Avery. I started casually reading about investing in multi-family properties a year or two ago. I loved the idea and began to look at the city I lived in (Minneapolis) in a different way. I starting imagining myself as a land lord, owning property in different neighborhoods. I spent five years in Minneapolis and was very comfortable with the idea of owning property there.

Early this year I moved to Seattle. It's a completely different city and market out here, and while I am more motivated than ever to get into multi-family property investing, I feel like I have a lot to learn. Not only because I've never owned a property, but because I'm in a fairly unfamiliar city.

Bigger Pockets has been a great resource and motivator for me in the last year. I've learned a lot and have taken steps to build my network and learn about my new city quickly. I'm looking forward to becoming more active on the boards and hopefully connecting with some people in town who share my passion for financial freedom through multi-family property investment.

If you're in the Seattle area and would like to connect, feel free to message me. I'd love to meet up over coffee or a beer sometime to talk real estate and Seattle in general.

0Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Coppell, TX · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 646 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Avery Sauer:

    Hi everyone,

    My name's Avery. I started casually reading about investing in multi-family properties a year or two ago. I loved the idea and began to look at the city I lived in (Minneapolis) in a different way. I starting imagining myself as a land lord, owning property in different neighborhoods. I spent five years in Minneapolis and was very comfortable with the idea of owning property there.

    Early this year I moved to Seattle. It's a completely different city and market out here, and while I am more motivated than ever to get into multi-family property investing, I feel like I have a lot to learn. Not only because I've never owned a property, but because I'm in a fairly unfamiliar city.

    Bigger Pockets has been a great resource and motivator for me in the last year. I've learned a lot and have taken steps to build my network and learn about my new city quickly. I'm looking forward to becoming more active on the boards and hopefully connecting with some people in town who share my passion for financial freedom through multi-family property investment.

    If you're in the Seattle area and would like to connect, feel free to message me. I'd love to meet up over coffee or a beer sometime to talk real estate and Seattle in general

    Hello and welcome!  I do not think it really matters what city your near.  Location is one of the most critical.  Get to know the market you choose.  Educate yourself.  Talk to local banks for a loan.  Try to get a pre-gualified letter.  Find local clubs and meetings so you can network with others like you and what niche you decide on. Decide on a niche.  Just work hard on your property offers.  Do several every day.  The more you look at the better.  You did not mention if you had any money.  You might want to look for owner financing.  Private Money Lenders and Hard Money Lenders might help you.  Find your Mentor.  Find your Team members.  I am 59 years old and I found BP about 4 months ago and I am still just learning.  I have been in the construction business since I was 17.  I am a college graduate with a business degree with real estate emphasis.  I got that degree and a broker license in 1980.  If you think I could help you with anything please contact me at any time.  Good luck!

  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 269 posts · 31 votes
    10y

    @Avery Sauer

    We are super excited to have you apart of the BP family now!

    Initially I began my investing career looking into fix and flips, then shifted my attention to the Notes side of the business. I found that area to be an excellent opportunity to create passive income and strong capital gains.

    Looking forward to connecting with you, who knows maybe even do a deal together!

  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Avery Sauer! I have a similar story of years of book learning. I have been in Seattle since 2012 and am working on acquiring my first MF property in 2016.

    Happy to meet up sometime to say hello and expand the network, even if it is a newbie network :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.